Thread: Amarok: Music isnt being added to collection / Album art isnt being retrieved

Beans

Amarok: Music isnt being added to collection / Album art isnt being retrieved

Using Amarok 2.3. Having trouble configuring things.

1. The "Local Music" category has no music in it.
    I have selected all of the appropriate folders to be included in my music collection, but the only way to make a playlist is to select the music from "Files".

2. None of the music has album art
    None of it. Now, I'll admit that my music is a bit "out there" and most of it is not even going to have an album. But not even Daft Punk gets a cover. I suspect that this is somehow related to problem 1.

So have you had one of these problems before?
    Specs:
    Dell XPS 15 Notebook || 2.3 GHz Intel i5|| 6Gb RAM || NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M
    If I've skipped something, please let me know.

Beans

Re: Amarok: Music isnt being added to collection / Album art isnt being retrieved

At first I thought that my music had to be categorized into Artist-Album-Track like how iTunes is normally set up. But again, Daft Punk is already categorized like this, so that can't be the problem.

I can't be the only person who misses Amarok 1.4...
    Specs:
    Dell XPS 15 Notebook || 2.3 GHz Intel i5|| 6Gb RAM || NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M
    If I've skipped something, please let me know.

Beans

Re: Amarok: Music isnt being added to collection / Album art isnt being retrieved

I can't be the only person who misses Amarok 1.4...
    Actually still use 1.4, right now using in 11.04 (natty

The few times i tried amarok2 in the past (lucid, maverick) had to install mysql-server-core-5.1 to get it to work right (to the extent it would work 'right'