Thread: Using btnx to map mouse dpi buttons (Logitech MX 1100)

Beans

Using btnx to map mouse dpi buttons (Logitech MX 1100)

Hi folks. From what I've read the btnx package is not technically supported in recent versions of Ubuntu. But I installed it anyway, and it's working just fine in Lubuntu 10.10 on my Logitech MX 100 mouse. The only things I can't seem to map are the DPI buttons. They work fine for changing the DPI setting, but I'd much rather remap them for volume adjustment. Anyone know how this might be done?

Thanks!
    "Heavy rotation never made my world go 'round.
    Commercialization of music is what brought it down.
    "

~Prince

Beans

Re: Using btnx to map mouse dpi buttons (Logitech MX 1100)

I second this question: in Windows (through Überoptions), you can remap DPI buttons to a (more) useful function. How to do the same thing in Linux?

Is this ... impossible?

Beans

EDIT: Double post.
    Last edited by courteous; January 12th, 2011 at 05:26 PM.

Beans

I spent days all over the web trying to solve this. Found a few references to the issue, but no solutions.

I tried switching to my Logitech Digital Optical Trackman, which has "page up" & "page down" buttons above and below the scroll wheel. But whatever I map the buttons to seems to override the scroll wheel such that scroll up does the same function as the up button, and ditto for scroll down.

I'm really surprised that there isn't a better button mapping application out there for linux. Btnx is almost a godsend. But it's so quirky with the units I've tried it with so far. I guess all we lowly "average users" can do is wait till someone bails us out.

Maybe we should all hold our breath until Logitech Setpoint is ported to Linux. Everyone inhale deeply - and... 1, 2, 3, ...
    "Heavy rotation never made my world go 'round.
    Commercialization of music is what brought it down.
    "

~Prince

Beans

Any updates on the solution to this problem?

I've searched long and hard and tried many different things, but all fail. My latest try was with HidPoint, but fails to recognize since Natty isn't supported yet.

All I want is sens buttons to change to volume control, oh please.