Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BCM4306 wireless adapter doesn't work in Ubuntu, Or Xubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: BCM4306 wireless adapter doesn't work in Ubuntu, Or Xubuntu

Its a new install and 64bit. I'm the one that set up that router and have too intimate knowledge of it Another test router confirmed the fault.

I begin to believe that this is a problem outside of the usual errors with the card, since the guides havent helped so far :-/
    Strange thing is that wicd gives the error that it could not authenticate where nm-applet just gives up. I havent found a thread around that specifies the exact same problem I have, but similar threads are found scattered around different forums and they all have 64bit in common with different hardware. Almost thinking of reinstalling with the 32bit version.

Made a thread with more info here regarding my own problem: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1681029

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hmm....isn't the problem with just about anything always out of the ordinary problems?

So, you're not able to connect at all? are you using fwcutter or the sat drivers? If some of your...hrm neighbors connections are unsecured, try connecting to them (as long as you aren't going to use it for nefarious doings) If it can connect to the unsecured wireless, then maybe it's a problem authenticating wep....
    I am mainly active on XDA-Devs as hanthesolo, but I may come here every so often to contribute. I develop for the Galaxy Player 4.0 with my self-founded team TeamSuperNova.

I am always trying to learn, as I acknowledge that I am not omniscient.

Beans

I have the same on a Pavilion zv5000 (zv5466c)
    and BCM4306 802.11b/ge Wirless LAN Controller (rev 03)

from the other thread you posted I went to the the Community site

Ubuntu Documentation > Community Documentation > WifiDocsDriverbcm43xx

I then read through and eventually entered as suggested (as follows) and solved.

~$ sudo apt-get install b43-fwcutter

~$ sudo modprobe -r b43 ssb

~$ sudo modprobe b43

Thanks to all who give

Long live Linux.... may I grow wise before I die.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Congrats in your success! I hope this thread is as much help to other bcm43xx hatred as it was for you, and me!
    I am mainly active on XDA-Devs as hanthesolo, but I may come here every so often to contribute. I develop for the Galaxy Player 4.0 with my self-founded team TeamSuperNova.

I am always trying to learn, as I acknowledge that I am not omniscient.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12