Page 5 of 76 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Dell Duo Setup Guide

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Dell Duo Setup Guide

Awesomer -
    Something that is more awesome than awesome but not awesome enough to be the awesomest.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by th@dd3us View Post
    Awesomer -
    Something that is more awesome than awesome but not awesome enough to be the awesomest.
    Well its already the awesomest netbook so it can only get awseomer.

On a serious note. I'm still trying to figure out how you would rotate the screen/touchscreen/toucpad to work properly. Multi-touch has sorta dropped down to a lower level for me. I think rotation is a bit more important right now. Maybe I will figure out the accelerometer along the way but we will see.
    "When our actions do not, our fears do make us traitors." -- Shakespeare
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not!" -- Dr. Seuss

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I still want to find multi touch. It would also be cool if we could figure out a way to right click.

That said i don't know that there is much of a point in working with drivers we have no idea if are even compatible with this device. Does anyone know, or know how to find out, what the maker of the touch screen in the Duo is. The egalax drivers aren't going to work if the device isn't egalax, or compatible with them.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Non.Cents View Post
    I still want to find multi touch. It would also be cool if we could figure out a way to right click.

That said i don't know that there is much of a point in working with drivers we have no idea if are even compatible with this device. Does anyone know, or know how to find out, what the maker of the touch screen in the Duo is. The egalax drivers aren't going to work if the device isn't egalax, or compatible with them.
    It is a eGalax screen. I ran a command in my terminal to list the input devices and it was a eGalax screen. I'm gonna cut most out of the output cause there is a ton....

Code:
     cat /proc/bus/input/devices 

I: Bus=0003 Vendor=0eef Product=725e Version=0210
    N: Name="eGalax Inc. USB TouchController"
    P: Phys=usb-0000:00:1d.2-1/input0
    S: Sysfs=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1d.2/usb4/4-1/4-1:1.0/input/input5
    U: Uniq=
    H: Handlers=mouse0 event5 
    B: EV=1b
    B: KEY=421 0 30001 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    B: ABS=100 3f
    B: MSC=10
    Last edited by Kirboosy; January 6th, 2011 at 06:43 PM.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not!" -- Dr. Seuss

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

If you go into the mouse settings, you can turn on "initiate secondary click by holding down primary button."

That's how most touch-screens do it.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ninjaaron View Post
    If you go into the mouse settings, you can turn on "initiate secondary click by holding down primary button."

That's how most touch-screens do it.
    Thanks for reminding me. I forgot to include that in my setup guide. I change it without thinking.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Resolution

I removed MeeGo yesterday as I was not able to find any help on resolving the screen issue. I am sure it is very similar to Unbuntu and it is much easier for tired eyes to read the screen so I have given Unbuntu a shot and all is well except that I am not able to change screen resolution and maintain a full screen, What am I missing here? All else seems to be fine, oh quick question for anyone. Does your LAN connection work when you have the Duo docked ? And are the speakers in the dock working as well.
    Thanks
    garwal

Beans
    Distro

Re: Resolution

Quote Originally Posted by garwal View Post
    Does your LAN connection work when you have the Duo docked ? And are the speakers in the dock working as well.
    Thanks
    garwal
    I have the dock and have tried, right now in ubuntu, its not much but a charger. The speakers dont work, neither does the LAN (you have to fiddle with that in windows to get it to work properly), or any of the ports for that matter. Until our buddy figures out the screen rotation the doc isn't even a good holder while running ubuntu.....
    Last edited by Non.Cents; January 6th, 2011 at 09:13 PM. Reason: clarify

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Resolution

I have the dock and have tried, right now in ubuntu, its not much but a charger. The speakers dont work, neither does the LAN (you have to fiddle with that in windows to get it to work properly), or any of the ports for that matter. Until our buddy figures out the screen rotation the doc isn't even a good holder while running ubuntu.....
    I had not tried but that is what I suspected. I am sure we will get there, regardless it is a much better OS than Windows. I have been a Linux user for 15 years and would be lost without it. My main concern in getting the screen resolution where I can read it. At 62 my eyes are not what they once were and I do not want to have to wear a magnifying head set. I know I would be much happier if I could just get the icons and text to be larger.
    Have a good day all
    garwal

Beans
    Distro

I wholeheartedly agree. Linux is def. superior, and just plain more fun. This problems solving, and the like is fun to me and nothing feels better than when you finally get everything just the way you want it(which is impossible in those proprietary os's). But as it goes, sometimes linux needs just a bit more than love . But as linux becomes bigger and bigger in the consumer marketplace, the need to finagle it to get things to work on a consumer device will become a thing of the past.

Page 5 of 76 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast