Page 74 of 76 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 LastLast

Thread: Dell Duo Setup Guide

Beans

Re: Dell Duo Setup Guide

Hi! I'm using Ubuntu 12.04 with kernel 3.2.0.25-generic, and the eGTouch daemon driver (2012-06-21).

I'm having problems with the navigation on Nautilus. With touch, I can roll the file list (just like an Android/iOs in a tablet or cellphone), but when I try to click in some file or folder, the system seems to don't recognize the click, or a double-click. So, I can't open files or folder when navigation. In the left pane, I can click on the mapped folders (like Music, Images, etc), but on the main window, I can't navigate.

When I use the test area for mouse configuration, the simple and double click are recognized.

When I try the right click, the pointer moves down, and always display the menu for a right clicking in the blank area of a folder. So, when I try to right click a specific folder or file, the menu that appears is related to the relative root folder, with the pointer moved.

With some research, I have found a bug listed on Launchpad, relating this sort of problem to kernel modifications and suggesting a try to upgrade to a RC kernel.

Is there anyone with the same problem? Is there a know solution for this?

Thank in advance!
    Last edited by raphaelsaldanha; June 25th, 2012 at 01:39 PM. Reason: More details on the problem.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

opensuse 12.2 also seems to have a fixed kernel, could be fixed upstream, if both fedora 17 and opensuse 12.2 seem fine with kernel 3.4

Beans

is there a way we could port the kernel from a working distro

Beans

Hi,

I might have a work around for the power/kernel oops problem.

I had the same problem, but solved it as folows:

First of all use the i386 and not the x64 version of ubuntu 12.04.

Still having problems i tried upgrading the kernel manualy, from kernel version 3.4 and up i am rarley having problems with connecting power or docking.

There are some rules:
    -Boot on battery and you're fine plugging in and out the charger.
    -suspend on battery = wake-up on battery, suspend with charger/dock = wake-up with charger/dock.

If you folow these basic steps, the kernel oops will be gone (most of the time). It will eventualy oops, but now it's more like 1 in 50 times, wich is better then every time.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by variona View Post
    @cmongini Did it work for you with 11.04,11.10 or is it your first try? Do you mean the Touchpad/USB mouse stops working or do you mean the cursor appears strangely mirrored? If the latter then you have to apply a transformation matrix on the input device (i.e the "touch"screen) which would be a property of xinput. (I'm not yet using 12.04 so I'm curious: how did you turn the screen (the output device)?)

I attach the script that I use to rotate Input and output device.(touchrotate_dell.txt)

I call it via a button that fires another script which rotates toleft if orientation is normal and vice versa.

Code:
    #!/bin/sh

ROTATION=$(xinput list-props  11 | grep -E Matrix |grep -o 'Matrix [^ ]*' | sed 's/Matrix (137)://')

if [ $ROTATION =  1.000000, ];
    then /PATH_TO_SCRIPT/touchrotate_dell toleft
    else /PATH_TO_SCRIPT/touchrotate_dell normal
    fi
    Variona, your script is the closest I've come to getting touchpad rotation working, but it only works for the y axis. For x axis the screen seems really confused, like its also taking the x axis input from y position. I think it may have something to do with multitouch. Any ideas?

Beans

Hi

I really hope someone can help me.

I have a Dell Inspiron Duo 1090 and have now got the touch screen working and have been looking for a good web browser to use on it.

I would really like to use Opera Mobile for this as it has a built in keyboard and seems quick. I am using the latest version of Ubuntu (12.04.01) and installed Opera Mobile via the Opera website.

The problem is when I run it it doesn't respond to the touch screen at all - in every other way the Dell touch screen works fine (and works with Chromium ,Firefox etc) but not with Opera Mobile.

I have tried setting the emulator for different models but still not success and have tired touch and tablet options.

This is very frustrating as I really wanted to use Opera Mobile on the Duo.

Does anyone have any suggestions to help me? I would really appreciate it. I have spent hours searching online without any success.

Thanks so much

Beans

has anyone else noticed that the touchscreen doesn't exactly "play well" with kde's plasma widgets and netbook workspace? I'm running kde 12.04 with the egtouch driver installed. i was really excited to hook up caboos's kdeplasmaswitcher script, but then very bummed out when my touch screen wouldn't interact with the gui at all. to clarify, it doesn't register a press on the screen as a click. when i do this the cursor goes to where i "clicked" and just sits there as if i only wanted to put the cursor there and brings up a tooltip. as a side note, the touch screen does work entirely while inside of programs such as chromium and the like....it is only when i try to use it with kde's plasma stuff.

Beans

Also looking for a status,... Re: Working yet on K/Ubuntu 12.04?

Or is power issue still a problem?
    What about rotation and touch screen input?

KDE a problem?

Note: Looks like my Bluetooth fix is no longer necessary, ... good.

Beans

just in case you don't know, there were several new versions of the eGalaxy driver this summer. now I'm testing a new thing: I observed that after suspend touchscreen doesn't work the way it should. then I read the guide and discovered ubuntu is missing a kernel-patch to make eGalaxy work correctly. this patch just disables the in-kernel drivers for joystick and mouse. doesn't sound urgent, and probably the driver will disable them too. however, after suspend kernel will enable all drivers again, so I have created a new file: /etc/pm/sleep.d/66_eGTouch :

Code:
    #! /bin/sh

if [ ! -x /usr/bin/eGTouchD ]; then
        exit 0
    fi

case $1 in
         suspend|suspend_hybrid|hibernate)
            /usr/bin/eGTouchD -k
            ;;
         resume|thaw)
            /usr/bin/eGTouchD
            ;;
    esac
    let's try how well this will work...

Edit: don't forget to do
    sudo a+x /etc/pm/sleep.d/66_eGTouch
    after the sudo gedit /etc/pm/sleep.d/66_eGTouch
    (for kde use something else instead of gedit)
    all that in a Terminal or Konsole
    Last edited by piotr5; September 26th, 2012 at 07:15 PM.

Beans

help, i am an noob to ubuntu (ive got it about 2 weeks) but i want the graphics card drivers running but i dont know how, i cant find tutorials anywere

Page 74 of 76 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 LastLast