Page 53 of 76 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: Dell Duo Setup Guide

Beans

Re: Dell Duo Setup Guide

Hey! Thanks for the answers. A question: is the Dock working good (sound and usb at least)? In both versions?

Thanks!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by raphaelsaldanha View Post
    Hey! Thanks for the answers. A question: is the Dock working good (sound and usb at least)? In both versions?

Thanks!
    The dock has always worked, speakers, USB and network, with my install of 11.04 - except... it won't automatically switch to WiFi when you pull it out of the dock - I just have to go in and disable the hardwired network port.

Beans

Running Ubuntu 10.04 LTS !!! Thanks for the help and advices my friends

I have run all the tips on the first thread and every thing is going ok.

EDIT: not everyhing... I have only have sound when docked, or when undocked witjh earphones. I don't have sound undocked without earphones. Any help?

I would like to have some help about the virtual keyboard. In the tablet mode, how can I call the virtual keyboard? I have read on this thread about the florence. I tried to install it but have some packages missing in the ./config process. Can anyone help me?

Thanks!
    Last edited by raphaelsaldanha; July 17th, 2011 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Problems with sound also.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I have only have sound when docked, or when undocked witjh earphones. I don't have sound undocked without earphones. Any help?
    You should try changing the output device in the sound manager. If its outputting to the dock speakers then it will ignore your headphones.

I would like to have some help about the virtual keyboard. In the tablet mode, how can I call the virtual keyboard? I have read on this thread about the florence. I tried to install it but have some packages missing in the ./config process. Can anyone help me?
    Have you looked at the install page? (control + F will help you find the Ubuntu install instructions.)
    UA Team Member
    "When our actions do not, our fears do make us traitors." -- Shakespeare
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not!" -- Dr. Seuss
    "No man has ever seen his dreams fulfilled and regretted the sacrifice necessary to fulfill them" -- Mattie Montgomery

Beans

Hi Caboose,

Audio: I've tried that, but without success. The situation is: I turn on the Duo without headphones and without dock, and Ubuntu starts. No sound. When I go to the output device configuration, the internal speakers are selected, but no sound...

Keyboard: Sorry, I don't have seen this page. I tried to follow the 'Install' text inside the archive, but this page is much better. Thanks!

Thanks for the attention!

EDIT: Florence working! Thanks!!! Still need help with the sound...
    Last edited by raphaelsaldanha; July 18th, 2011 at 05:51 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Audio: I've tried that, but without success. The situation is: I turn on the Duo without headphones and without dock, and Ubuntu starts. No sound. When I go to the output device configuration, the internal speakers are selected, but no sound...
    Try removing that line we added from the /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf and reboot.
    See if your sound returns. (It will most likely "break" your headphone jack)
    UA Team Member
    "When our actions do not, our fears do make us traitors." -- Shakespeare
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not!" -- Dr. Seuss
    "No man has ever seen his dreams fulfilled and regretted the sacrifice necessary to fulfill them" -- Mattie Montgomery

Beans

How can I increase the size of the scroll bar (for non-firefox program) and buttons so they are more touch-friendly.

Beans

Hi Caboose,

I'm running the file without the modifications, but no sound. On the first login, I had o sound either.

I put attached my alsa-base conf file.

Thanks for the help!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Cammaaron View Post
    How can I increase the size of the scroll bar (for non-firefox program) and buttons so they are more touch-friendly.
    Hi Cammaaron,

I think that is possible changing the theme of Ubuntu. I have a good experience increasing the size of the fonts. Here is a good tutorial about appearance in Ubuntu: http://www.wawuk.net/book/export/html/33

Beans

Hi Caboose,

Advances with the sound problem! I was using the 10.04 LTS, and having these difficulties with the sound. So, yesterday, I have upgraded to 10.10. On the first boot, the sound was alive!

I don't have time yet to test the modifications on the alsa file, earphones and etc, but I will test it soon.

Thanks!! I'm loving Ubuntu

Page 53 of 76 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast