Beans

Re: Dell Duo Setup Guide

Oh and also, Caboose, this might interest you ;D

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2011/01/p...wine-on-linux/

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Kallun View Post
    iMac, i'm now a full Linux convert
    So are you going to mod the Apple logo on the back and change it to a Tux penguin?

Quote Originally Posted by Kallun
    Oh and also, Caboose, this might interest you ;D

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2011/01/p...wine-on-linux/
    Sweet find on the Angry birds. I looked around Christmas time but it wasn't out for Windows.

I'm currently downloading Meego. After looking through the screenshots it seems like a simple interface yet a good one. The only thing is will it support our Touchscreen? I don't believe Meego is really built for touchscreen devices but we shall see. About another hour until my download is complete.
    "When our actions do not, our fears do make us traitors." -- Shakespeare
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not!" -- Dr. Seuss

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I finally found an onscreen keyboard I liked. Ended up using florence. I love the options that you have. It will even pull up when you click on certain fields. You can configure the transparency etc. I am going to put together a video on how to get it to work very well on the duo. I will keep you all posted. Oh, and I have a MAC as well and I was torn between ubuntu and osx. I really love both operating systems. The reason I still have windows on my machines is because I program for work and personal in C# and haven't found an IDE that is as good as Visual Studio
    --Shartke

Beans

Aha, the apple on the back doesn't matter too much, but i'd certainly love to cover the front apple with Tux ;D

Awesome, i'm about to go download meego now i'm sure someone said a couple posts back they got meego working with the touchscreen? Might just be me remembering what i want to though

Yeah, having spent about 3 years with OS X, although i love the system, i've ended up feeling somewhat restricted. I think of it as a 'lazyboy OS' almost, not in a sense that its not an advanced complex system and doesn't do much... but it just works, you don't really have to do anything, which for me, is the cutting point, if i have something... i've got to tincker and play with it OS X certainly has some customization options, be it native or 3rd party, but, after playing with ubuntu enough to actually use it as my primary OS, i've almost subconsciously made the switch Are you using rEFIt on your mac shartke?

Anyway, sorry to stray off topic If i get Meego working witht he Duo tonight, i'll most probably make a video like my last

Beans

Oh, it was shartke himself who got Meego going!

I suppose you're the go to guy for any issues we run into (to an extent of course) ;D

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Kallun View Post
    Oh, it was shartke himself who got Meego going!

I suppose you're the go to guy for any issues we run into (to an extent of course) ;D
    I actually do have refit on my machine. Pretty nifty little loader.
    Here is the instructions on how to get it to work in meego. (No Grub )
    http://www.thejoojooforum.com/viewto...t=689&start=20
    --Shartke

Beans

Hmm I really like Meego...its slick. I'm still gonna play with it a bit before I install it. (I could always triple boot)

I was just thinking. How sick would it be to use the accelerometer on a game like "Neverball"?!? I think it would be awesome!!!
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not!" -- Dr. Seuss

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Caboose885 View Post
    Hmm I really like Meego...its slick. I'm still gonna play with it a bit before I install it. (I could always triple boot)

I was just thinking. How sick would it be to use the accelerometer on a game like "Neverball"?!? I think it would be awesome!!!
    PSSH! Totally sick! The only problem with Meego is the battery life is HORRIBLE! I dropped 12 percent in like 10 minutes.
    --Shartke

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by shartke View Post
    PSSH! Totally sick! The only problem with Meego is the battery life is HORRIBLE! I dropped 12 percent in like 10 minutes.
    I think the reason why it drops so quickly is because meego hammers the wifi (causing it to broadcast more power). I bet if you could disable the social aspect of meego you would get better battery life.

Oh and you can easily install neverball on Ubuntu. Its in the repositories. I will let you know when I figure out a way to get the game to work.
    Last edited by Kirboosy; January 19th, 2011 at 07:25 PM. Reason: :D

Beans

Wink Re: Dell Duo Setup Guide

Hey guys! See the two links below, 2D Unity Just installed it now... this is poifect! It runs great

http://bfiller.wordpress.com/2011/01/13/unity-2d/

https://launchpad.net/~unity-2d-team/+archive/unity-2d-daily
    Last edited by Kallun; January 19th, 2011 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Woops, changed the post, my internet hates me?

Page 15 of 76 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast