Thread: no video output at all

Beans

no video output at all

Hi,
    I built my own server awhille back, I left it on all the time, and then one day I wasn't able to access the samba share.

I tried to restart, but got an error message. (I stupidly did not write down what the error message was.) I did some googling and think the problem is that the system hard drive is fried, some posts I found indicated the system was unable to find the file that allows it to go into the restart sequence.

I pulled out the machine today and tried to plug the monitor into the server directly (normally I access the server thru ssh) and I get no video output at all. I'm pretty sure that I was able to boot up using the onboard video from the motherboard when I first built the machine

but now, I get no video output at all. Is that an issue with the video? If I buy a video card, I should solve that problem, right? The machine fires up, all the fans spin, I see led's on the mobo...but no video.

is there any other scenario where you just don't get video at all? will

Beans

Re: no video output at all

I was able to get the system to start up by replacing the sys disc and removing 2 sticks of ram