i've a almost-5-years-old HP compaq NC6400 powered with Ubuntu. Sadly, today the cooling fan stopped working and i am planning to buy a new laptop.
(Do you have an idea about how much money HP customer service asks for fan substitution ?)
I was thinking to buy an HP ElitePro 2740p, because:
- It's an HP small business machine, like my NC6400, and i totally loved it for its resistance and hp customer care.
- it's certified for linux (Suse )
- it's a tablet
Question for tablet-laptop owners: do you think it's worth to buy a tablet and use it with Ubuntu ? Are the convertible functionalities working well-enough ? A non-laptop machine with the same power is cheaper...
tablet/non-tablet issue apart, which laptop would you suggest?
- to study and develop (90% of the time); play some game (10% of the time)
- a very light laptop, so: screen-size <= 14 (when i play i use an external monitor)
- 4 gigs (and one free slot) of RAM
- ssd disk
- hopefully long-lasting battery: i move very often
What do you think about DELL machines? they seem to have the best Ubuntu support..
O( n )