Thread: Audiocd

Beans

Angry Audiocd

I just bought a CD (sex pistols ) and i cant play it on kubuntu... The CD includes all tracks in 5 different formats: (the usual).wav, .mp3, .ogg, .flac, .cda.
    When I press at ANY of those tracks in ANY of those formats i get this message from:

1)totem: The playback of this movie requires a AUDIOCD protocol source plugin which is not installed.

2)vlc: (where mp3 can be flac or whatever)
    File reading failed:
    VLC could not open the file "audiocd:/MP3/Sex%20Pistols%20-%2001%20-%20Anarchy%20In%20The%20Uk.mp3".
    Your input can't be opened:
    VLC is unable to open the MRL 'audiocd:/MP3/Sex%20Pistols%20-%2001%20-%20Anarchy%20In%20The%20Uk.mp3'. Check the log for details.

Amarok just doesn't play them and rythmbox doesn't show the cd on the bar on the left (where usually other CDs appear)

any ways i can get them play? (I have restricted-extras installed) (Kubuntu 10.04 on KDE 4.4.2)
    (oh... the cd plays normally on windows(so sad to say that...) and any cd players )

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Audiocd

So you know what you want but you don't know how to get it?

What happens when you copy the .wmv or .mp3 files (or whatever) from the CD to your hard drive? Can you play them from there?

Or is the problem more intrinsic that the CD can't be recognized by your system? I get similar types of errors on my laptop whenever my DVD drive hardware is acting up.
    Last edited by perspectoff; January 2nd, 2011 at 01:04 AM.

UbuntuGuide/KubuntuGuide

Right now the killer is being surrounded by a web of deduction, forensic science,
    and the latest in technology such as two-way radios and e-mail.

Beans

Re: Audiocd

sorry i didn't mention that on the post.... Yes I can play them from my hard drive....

(the cd is recognised by the system... at least when i insert it i get the usual notification (the same as when i put a flash drive in) and it has 4 actions: extract audio, copy, open file, play with amarok....)

(basically i dont know what i want but i know how to get it xD )
    Last edited by skag; January 2nd, 2011 at 12:36 PM.