Thread: AMD Radeon HD 6310 graphics and mythbuntu

AMD Radeon HD 6310 graphics and mythbuntu

Hi looking at buying a ASUS E35M1-M PRO motherboard to use as a front end for my myth system. what i'm not sure about is whether or not the on board AMD Radeon HD 6310 graphics with it's HDMI will be supported under mythbuntu?

thanks for the help

Beans

Re: AMD Radeon HD 6310 graphics and mythbuntu

Have you seen this post about support for AMD APU graphics?
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1857911
    It's quite long and not specific to Mythbuntu but should help.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by benlyboy View Post
    Hi looking at buying a ASUS E35M1-M PRO motherboard to use as a front end for my myth system. what i'm not sure about is whether or not the on board AMD Radeon HD 6310 graphics with it's HDMI will be supported under mythbuntu?

thanks for the help
    Inferior to nvidia.

Hi all thanks for the replys

nickrout I see you are from NZ i'm a kiwi as well though I have been living in the US for a few year now. I miss the place.

I'm not locked into the bourd above, I had been offered it at a great price so i was thinking about using it. Is it really that inferior to board with nvidia video?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by benlyboy View Post
    Hi all thanks for the replys

nickrout I see you are from NZ i'm a kiwi as well though I have been living in the US for a few year now. I miss the place.

I'm not locked into the bourd above, I had been offered it at a great price so i was thinking about using it. Is it really that inferior to board with nvidia video?
    nvidia had great features for an HTPC, including the ability to fiddle with EDID options, adjustable overscan and of course vdpau. Additionally the drivers are very mature and stable, which is a lot more than you can say for any ATI/AMD graphics.

Hi
    Ok will look at other boards, but from what I can see when it comes to ITX with HDMI there isn't a lot to pick from. I have alway like AMD cpu's. That's what my current system is using. It also has Nvidia video, but havent found this combo in ITX. I just wanted a smaller system as a front end for the bedroom...