Thread: importing channels.conf into mythtv

Beans

importing channels.conf into mythtv

Hi,

I am using dvb-apps and scan-s2 and I am not able to import channels into mythtv, with with the process always resulting in error. Also mythtv default scanning does not scan all the channels. What is the proper way you follow guys? Is there a specific command for searching channels compatible with mythtv? Also if someone could share with me the channels.conf for Hotbird13E and/or Eutelsat 9E, I would be grateful.

Thanks and Regards
    Sami

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: importing channels.conf into mythtv

Where are you located? What cable service are you using?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by williammanda View Post
    Where are you located? What cable service are you using?
    Hi,

I am using satellite service, located in the Middle east.

Regards
    Sami

Beans

I wasnt able to import channels in either when setting up the back end, it wouldn’t pick up the DVB-T Transports.
    I managed to get it to work by manually entering in the transports frequency and one or two of the other settings then letting it scan that.
    This worked for me, although I have no idea if this well help at all for a satellite and its frequencies.

Beans

yes That will work but the problem is that it would not only scan the frequency I entered but any frequency it can find along its way as well. This is will make the channel list crowded for me with unwanted channels. There is also predefined list of frequencies but they seem to be too old.

Regards
    Sami

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by sami8519 View Post
    Hi,

I am using dvb-apps and scan-s2 and I am not able to import channels into mythtv, with with the process always resulting in error.

Also if someone could share with me the channels.conf for Hotbird13E and/or Eutelsat 9E, I would be grateful.

Thanks and Regards
    Sami
    What error do you get and where? Could you post the error. When scanning on the back end or when you run the scan-s2? Cant see any channel.confs so far but shall keep looking.

Cheers

EDIT: Just been looking online, whats in /usr/shar/dvb/dvb-s/ can you find the information for the satelites?
    Last edited by microtechno; January 2nd, 2011 at 11:01 AM.

Beans

Hi,

The error I get is when I try to import my channels.conf by entering this file path: it says like this" error parsing 1%" I dont know what does this mean, I googled it and some people had it as well.

yup in /usr/share/dvb/dvb-s/ I see configs files for satellites and I used to them to scan channels but I can import the channels.conf generated. I also used scan-s but same result.

regards
    Sami
    Mythtv 0.24 FE/BE
    Graphic card: nvidia geforce 9400GT, CPU: core2duo 2.88GHZ
    MB:GA-G41M-ES2L, 2GB RAM, 20GB HDD,160 GB external HDD for recording. TBS6980 dual tuner, PSU:550w GE-P450P-C2

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by sami8519 View Post
    yes That will work but the problem is that it would not only scan the frequency I entered but any frequency it can find along its way as well. This is will make the channel list crowded for me with unwanted channels. There is also predefined list of frequencies but they seem to be too old.

Regards
    Sami
    If nothing else works but this you can delete the unwanted channels after scanning if you don't want them.
    Linux & MythTV 4 Life
    Running ubuntu on an Atom 330, Atom D525, Turion 64 X2 TL-56, X2 3800, X2 4200, X2 4600, E2180, Core i5 450M, and a Core i7-2600
    My Hardware

Beans

sure I will keep that as a last resort. Thanks

Regards
    Sami
    Mythtv 0.24 FE/BE
    Graphic card: nvidia geforce 9400GT, CPU: core2duo 2.88GHZ
    MB:GA-G41M-ES2L, 2GB RAM, 20GB HDD,160 GB external HDD for recording. TBS6980 dual tuner, PSU:550w GE-P450P-C2