Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glib got deleted

Beans

Glib got deleted

hi guys,while i was trying to install GTK2.8.i made a mistake and deleted my glib.now the problem is that ubuntu now reaches upto login screen but have no login window to enter my user name & passwd.can anyone tellme how to restore glib.THANKS.please lookat my new thread with title unkown problem
    Last edited by arunthakurmanali; January 1st, 2011 at 02:13 PM. Reason: go to my new thread(unknown problem)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Glib got deleted

Can you move into a different terminal (ctrl+Alt+F1) for example, if so, you can log in there and run sudo apt-get install <packages> and should be able to recover it.

J
    How to help yourself|Ubuntu Guide

* Think you've found a bug? Get it reported using apport-bug.

Beans

GLIB got deleted

hi guys,i was trying to install GTK+2.8,but in the process i made a mistake i deleted Glib,now i m not able to login as my login screen shows me no place enter my user name & passwd.all i get is just a login screen with no login box.thanks in advance.

Beans

I can enter recovery mode which gives me cmd line interface similar to terminal i hope it should work.anyway THANKS A LOT

Beans

Re: GLIB got deleted

Get to a terminal screen - try hitting Ctrl+Alt+F1 from the login screen, or if that doesn't work, boot into recovery mode.
    Make sure you have an Internet connection (ping www.google.com and I can't help if you can't get Internet - I only know how to network from a GUI ).
    sudo apt-get install libglib2.0-0

Beans

Threads merged.

Beans

hi jvc,i tried the technique u suggested but found that i already have glib installed.is there any cmd to check what package is mising.

Beans

how am i merging threads

how am i merging thread.kindly tell me difference between tread and posts,how ti reply to threads.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: how am i merging threads

Quote Originally Posted by arunthakurmanali View Post
    how am i merging thread.kindly tell me difference between tread and posts,how ti reply to threads.
    You can;t merge threads. Staff do that.

Two ways to answer a thread - New Reply button at top of thread and the quick reply button in each post - looks like an Enter symbol

Thread is the whole list of posts - post is each thing written.

Also, please do not post duplicates - you can find your threads and posts from the Search dropdown at the top.

Beans

Re: how am i merging threads

thanks alot FORESTPISKIE,it would be very kind of u if u go to my thread with title (unknown problem),i am facing a problem and have no clue of my problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast