Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Can't install Plymouth themes

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Unhappy Re: Can't install Plymouth themes

Quote Originally Posted by geekguy View Post
    I got a different shutdown image by installing the flares theme, but that didn't change my login screen like I wanted it to. You may have to tweak your plymouth dir or uninstall other themes to get it to work.
    I don't think that your usplash/splashy problem is local to you, because I got to where you are right now and couldn't install them either. Hopefully the coming release will solve the problem.
    At this point, i don't care about installing a new boot theme. I just want to get the regular boot back.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Can't install Plymouth themes

Hi

Could not having usplash be why I have no boot animation, just text gobbly gook?

I went to install it from synaptic but it wants to remove A WHOLE BUNCH of stuff.
    Pymouth replaced usplash (after xsplash) so this is not your problem if you are using 10.04 or 10.10. You are using 10.10 ?

Lets check the contents of your default grub file and make sure that is setup to display a splash. Post the output of...

Code:
    cat /etc/defaults/grub
    Also, in post 9 when we tried to change the splash to plymouth default did that actually update to use the new theme?

Post the output of...

Code:
    update-alternatives --display default.plymouth
    Kind regards
    Last edited by matt_symes; January 1st, 2011 at 09:26 PM.
    If you believe everything you read, you better not read. ~ Japanese Proverb

If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed. - Mark Twain

Thinking about becoming an Ubuntu Member?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234