Thread: Beats audio not working

Beans

Beats audio not working

Hello,
    I have hp envy 15z-j100 laptop powerd with beats audio. after installing ubuntu 13.10 beats audio are not working, i.e subwoofer and two speakers are not working. I tried to fix this issue by following this

1. Firstly you will need to install hda-jack-retask tool; which mainly helps us to re-task the audio jack pins on our motherboard.
    2. sudo apt-add-repository ppa:diwic/hda
    3. sudo apt-get update
    4. sudo apt-get install hda-jack-retask
    5. hda-jack-retask &
    6. Open hda-jack-retask
    7. Select the IDT 92HD91BXX codec (may be different on other models; but definately other than your on-board controller i.e., Intel-XXX).
    8. Check the “Show unconnected pins” box (the internal speakers do not show as connected)
    9. Remap 0x0d (Internal Speaker, which is your Front side) to “Internal speaker”
    10. Remap 0x0f (“Not connected”, which is the under-display speakers) to “Internal speaker”
    11. Remap 0×10 (“Not connected”, which is the subwoofer) to “Internal speaker (LFE)”
    12. Apply & test audio output with any media player.
    13. Select “Install boot override” to save the settings to apply at boot time.
    14. Reboot. When it comes back, you should have full sound from all speakers. Also test headphones. Plugging in headphones should disable sound from all internal speakers.

But i am not able to procced after step 4, because it show an error. following is the error snippet
    $ sudo apt-get install hda-jack-retask
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    E: Unable to locate package hda-jack-retask

I dont have this package, i tried to search on internet but i didn't get.
    please help me with this

Thank you

Beans

Re: Beats audio not working

Note: as of Ubuntu 13.10, hda-jack-retask is part of alsa-tools. Just install the alsa-tools-gui package from the regular archive and start "hdajackretask". (Note: if you don't have a .pulse directory, try symlinking .pulse to .config/pulse - and remove the symlink again when you have closed hda-jack-retask.)
    -- https://launchpad.net/~diwic/+archive/hda

Beans

Thank you for the help appreciate that,
    I dont have pulse directory, and i am very naive to ubuntu. can u please guide me step by step how to "symlinking .pulse to .config/pulse - and remove the symlink again when you have closed hda-jack-retask".
    I am not getting this part.
    Thank you.

Beans

I'm not even sure if it's still necessary, but you would:
    Code:
    cd ~/
    ln -s .config/pulse/ .pulse

Beans

i executed this code on terminal, but after that my system is not sounding. no sound at all.

Beans

Then delete the symlink you created and reload pulseaudio:
    Code:
     rm -r ~./config/pulse*
    rm -r .pulse
    pulseaudio -k