I have hp envy 15z-j100 laptop powerd with beats audio. after installing ubuntu 13.10 beats audio are not working, i.e subwoofer and two speakers are not working. I tried to fix this issue by following this
- Firstly you will need to install hda-jack-retask tool; which mainly helps us to re-task the audio jack pins on our motherboard.
- sudo apt-add-repository ppa:diwic/hda
- sudo apt-get update
- sudo apt-get install hda-jack-retask
- hda-jack-retask &
- Open hda-jack-retask
- Select the IDT 92HD91BXX codec (may be different on other models; but definately other than your on-board controller i.e., Intel-XXX).
- Check the “Show unconnected pins” box (the internal speakers do not show as connected)
- Remap 0x0d (Internal Speaker, which is your Front side) to “Internal speaker”
- Remap 0x0f (“Not connected”, which is the under-display speakers) to “Internal speaker”
- Remap 0×10 (“Not connected”, which is the subwoofer) to “Internal speaker (LFE)”
- Apply & test audio output with any media player.
- Select “Install boot override” to save the settings to apply at boot time.
- Reboot. When it comes back, you should have full sound from all speakers. Also test headphones. Plugging in headphones should disable sound from all internal speakers.
But i am not able to procced after step 4, because it show an error. following is the error snippet
$ sudo apt-get install hda-jack-retask
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package hda-jack-retask
I dont have this package, i tried to search on internet but i didn't get.
please help me with this