Thread: Unable to watch Seesaw.com content full-screen in Firefox on 10.04.1 on Thinkpad R61i

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Unable to watch Seesaw.com content full-screen in Firefox on 10.04.1 on Thinkpad R61i

I'm not sure about making systems changes.

All I know is that I cannot at present watch paid Seesaw.com content (mostly from the BBC) fullscreen at the moment - when I was able ot with Channel 4 content about 6 months ago. Since then, all I'm running with is Lucid with all updates.

Flash package - flash-plugininstaller (current version)
    Ubuntu 10.04.1 - fully updated.
    Laptop - Thinkpad R61i 7659-ABG. purchased preinstalled from Linux Emporium and update accepted from Hardy to Lucid.
    Graphics - Intel X3100
    Symptoms - if I attempt full screen, I can hear audio, but locks the display up entirely. I had to switch to a text console and reboot from there.

Please fix.

I have raised bug 695644 - https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ee/+bug/695644

I have not tested on my netbook (a Lenovo Ideapad S12), and the last iPlayer content I played - I played in a window rather than fullscreen.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Unable to watch Seesaw.com content full-screen in Firefox on 10.04.1 on Thinkpad

I can't watch seesaw content no matter what I do and I'm running Maverick on a desktop computer. I don't think the flash plugin for ubuntu is very good.
    Hi, I'm new here

...Please don't hurt me.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Unable to watch Seesaw.com content full-screen in Firefox on 10.04.1 on Thinkpad

Quote Originally Posted by fibrebiz View Post
    I can't watch seesaw content no matter what I do and I'm running Maverick on a desktop computer. I don't think the flash plugin for ubuntu is very good.
    What's the spec of the machine? Also - what ISP are you with? Are you able to use iPlayer?