Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Problem with Screen Resolution

Beans

Re: Problem with Screen Resolution

I'm glad I helped at least a little bit. It seems you may have a bit different problem than me, I was just hoping the same solution would work for you.
    I don't know what is the "gamma output" problem about, you have to google that on your own. However I do have one more piece of advice. The "VGA1" parameter of the xrandr command has to be replaced with one that's valid for your computer, for example, in my case it was VGA-0 (with the dash). You can find out what it is, if you install a package named ARANDR and run it from System => Preferences.

good luck

Beans

I have ARandR already installed, but where in that software can i know which VGA is with me.

Beans

Just finished a similar scenario last night. Attempted to upgrade to 10.10 thru update manager. All went well until reboot, which almost immediately shut down to black screen. Restarted in recovery mode and ended up with the resolution issue you describe. Finally figured out my nvidia driver was gone/not working. Managed to get into system>administration>additional drivers and downloaded/installed nvidia version 173. Problem resolved. But, now, About Ubuntu tells me I'm running Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal. How can that be?
    Good luck,
    worxguy

Beans

But I cant find system>administration>additional drivers
    Please tell me precisely as i am a newbie..
    Also please tell me how to know the current Ubuntu version( any command please).

Actually now you are running Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal Alpha 1 Release, which is already released.
    For more information
    http://www.ubuntu.com/testing/natty/alpha1

Beans

You can reveal your version of Ubuntu by clicking System => About I'm sorry but everything else at this point goes beyond my Linux knowledge, I wish I could help more. I just started reading the Linux Administration Handbook, which I got for XMAS. Perhaps I can help in a few months

Beans

But I cant find system>administration>additional drivers"

Nope. They don't show, because of the screen resolution issue. Keystrokes Alt+F1 should reveal them, tho.

Actually now you are running Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal Alpha 1 Release, which is already released.
    For more information
    http://www.ubuntu.com/testing/natty/alpha1:

I don't know about that, but running lsb_release -a in a terminal will tell you what version you really have.

Then, there's this bug report:
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...cs/+bug/690248

good luck,
    worxguy

Beans

For more information
    http://www.ubuntu.com/testing/natty/alpha1:

I don't know about that, but running lsb_release -a in a terminal will tell you what version you really have.

Then, there's this bug report:
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...cs/+bug/690248
    Yes, i think you are right. It is a bug.
    I thought that you have upgraded to Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal by typing "update-manager -d" in the Run Application(press Alt+F2) but i think i was wrong.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by worxguy View Post
    But I cant find system>administration>additional drivers"

Nope. They don't show, because of the screen resolution issue. Keystrokes Alt+F1 should reveal them, tho.
    But when I press Alt+F1 my Applications Menu is opening.
    How to open the Additional Drivers.
    Please Help

Beans

I set my screen resolution to 800x600 from 640x480
    From the beginning onwards it is going back to the previous resolution(640x480) every time i restart(or shutdown ) my computer. How to make the change premanent??

Beans

Hello Everybody,
    Please help me set my screen resolution properly
    it is really awkward after installing updates using Update Manager.
    Do I have to reinstall Ubuntu for this Issue.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast