Thread: Problems ripping DVD with Arista

Beans

Problems ripping DVD with Arista

hi noob here.

i had some success with handrake to rip dvd's in older versions of ubuntu. i now have a clean install of 10.10 and know that handbrake is not compatible (even tried the ppa of the nighly builds without success). In looking for alternatives, i cam across arista transcoder....which seems perfect for my needs (simple), but whenever i put a dvd in the queue its gives me an error that says conversion failed....no valid dvd title found. this happens no matter what dvd i use and no matter what preset i choose. can someone help?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Problems ripping DVD with Arista

Do you have libdvdcss2 installed?
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans

Re: Problems ripping DVD with Arista

Quote Originally Posted by bennettg View Post
    hi noob here.

i had some success with handrake to rip dvd's in older versions of ubuntu. i now have a clean install of 10.10 and know that handbrake is not compatible (even tried the ppa of the nighly builds without success). In looking for alternatives, i cam across arista transcoder....which seems perfect for my needs (simple), but whenever i put a dvd in the queue its gives me an error that says conversion failed....no valid dvd title found. this happens no matter what dvd i use and no matter what preset i choose. can someone help?
    The HandBrake nightly builds work perfectly fine on Ubuntu 10.10. You are probably missing libdvdcss like the last poster said. HandBrake's activity log will indicate this if this is what is happening.