Thread: Radeon HD 4670 dual monitor HDMI+VGA help

Beans

Radeon HD 4670 dual monitor HDMI+VGA help

I'm trying to set up dual monitors on my new computer that has a radeon HD 4670 graphics card with HDMI, VGA, and D-Sub outputs using the VGA and HDMi outputs. When I boot up, the motherboard splash screen and grub are displayed on both monitors, and the flashing _ at the begenning of ubuntu boot is displayed on both, but when X starts, the HDMI monitor goes blank.

In the monitors settings It says mirror screens, and when I uncheck same image on all monitors it shows an HP 14" (the VGA monitor) and an Orion Electric Co., LTD. 7". The HDMI monitor is a 22" LED tv from Sansui, so I have no idea what the 7" monitor is. the 7" monitor has resolutions up to 1920x1080 (1080p) like the hdmi monitor should have. Do I need to configure the second monitor somehow? How?

Thanks for any help,
    iShurtugal
    Linux user Since March 2010 | Ubuntu user | Microsoft gives you Windows... Linux gives you the whole house.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Radeon HD 4670 dual monitor HDMI+VGA help

Quote Originally Posted by iShurtugal View Post
    I'm trying to set up dual monitors on my new computer that has a radeon HD 4670 graphics card with HDMI, VGA, and D-Sub outputs using the VGA and HDMi outputs.
    Install the Hardware Drivers.
    Regards, David.
    Please use the Forum search and Wiki search for immediate help
    Please mark your thread as Solved when appropriate
    New to technical forums?: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Beans

Re: Radeon HD 4670 dual monitor HDMI+VGA help

Quote Originally Posted by dcstar View Post
    Install the Hardware Drivers.
    and by that your mean the proprietary drivers? I tried that and ended up with no graphics at all. I'll try again, but I was kinda hoping for more help than this...

I have the xserver-xorg-video-ati drivers from synaptic at the moment
    Linux user Since March 2010 | Ubuntu user | Microsoft gives you Windows... Linux gives you the whole house.