Thread: Router problems, please help.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Router problems, please help.

Hello everyone. Today I woke up and my Ubuntu boxes could not connect to internet.
    It said "Connecting" and then "You are now offline".

So I thought it is a router thing and I connected directly with a wired modem and it worked.
    I put the router back and it stopped working. So I reseted it and now when I try to go to
    192.168.1.254 wich is were I configure my router a page "Emergency Web Server" appears with a little upload box below it.
    I googled it and nothing relevant came up. Do I need a file or something to upload it
    so my router will work again?

It is an Ultra Speed N router.

Not to mention I found a file that it was not there the last time and I have a doubt that I fot hacked via SSH.
    Please help.

Many thanks.
    Last edited by cgroza; December 28th, 2010 at 03:45 PM.
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
    Freedom is measured in Stallmans.
    Projects: gEcrit

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: Router problems, please help.

I'm sorry to say, I do believe you have to buy a new router. I did a bit of searching for this router, and the maker does not give out any info at all. Not even a manual for download. You are better of with a different brand. Personally I have good experience with routers from Netgear and Zyxel.
    AMD Phenom II x6 2.8/3.3, 8 GB ram, GTX 550Ti 1024MB gfx, Xubuntu 13.10.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: Router problems, please help.

I have the same opinion. I googled alot and found no relevant answer. I guess this brad is kind of crappy and I will never touch it again. Oh well, guess the next stop is the trash can.
    Thanks.
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
    Freedom is measured in Stallmans.
    Projects: gEcrit