Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ubuntu Installer Doesn't Recognize Windows 7

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Question Re: Ubuntu Installer Doesn't Recognize Windows 7

hi everyone
    i have the same problem with windows 7
    i think has something to do with some patch of windows 7 some update at affect purposely the partition.
    i had a samsung notebook , and it saw the partition but when i tried to modified it did nt let me to add a new partition for ubuntu.
    after several tries i choose to wipe off the whole hdd then i install windows 7 then right away ubuntu and it works great.
    now in my personal pc i still have the same problem, but here it get worse and weird.
    i boot with live cd and i choose to install it then i dont see any windows partition and it does nt let me to install it aside anythig cuz it simple does nt detect win7 now if i boot with live cd again and i choose try ubuntu then i see all my partiotion and all my folders. but when i doble click on the icon to install it and i should have the option to choose the hdd , i dont see any partition. !!!! that is super weird.
    i think microsoft does nt want ppl to have other OS beside their own.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate Development Release

Re: Ubuntu Installer Doesn't Recognize Windows 7

gabak:

Please do NOT hijack this thread. The OP has RAID setup and that poses different problems than the usual installation difficulties.

It's hard enough to help one person with such problems.

When others hijack their threads with different problems, it just becomes confusing as to which suggestions affect which poster.

Please start your own thread.
    Ubuntu 20.04, Mint 19.10; MS Win10 Pro.
    Will not respond to PM requests for support -- use the forums.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate Development Release

Re: Ubuntu Installer Doesn't Recognize Windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by TQBRFJOALD View Post
    Didn't work. Same as always - doesn't recognize Windows and thinks its all free space. It doesn't recognize the partition table either. What I need is way to install Ubuntu with raid 0+1 without uninstalling Win 7
    I'm confused.

In an earlier post, you said the alternate CD did recognize RAID but now, you're saying after you shrunk the Win7 OS partition it does not?
    Ubuntu 20.04, Mint 19.10; MS Win10 Pro.
    Will not respond to PM requests for support -- use the forums.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12