Thread: Help! Sound problem dell e1705!

Beans

Exclamation Help! Sound problem dell e1705!

Hi Everyone,

I'm having a problem with the sound on my 6 year old Dell E1705. When I level the volume around 10 percent nothing is heard. Even after I go to 20 percent nothing is heard. When I go to about 30 percent, suddenly the volume increases sharply to about what is heard at 100 percent! It really is a pain to deal with this. I can't have the volume under the sound of 100 percent. When I got to 40 percent and onwards, the volume stays the same. The volume stays the same until I go above 100 percent. My hardware works perfectly as it works perfectly with Windows, as I have dual-booted the system. Is there any drivers I need to install? Please Help!

Thank You!
    Vijay

Beans

Re: Help! Sound problem dell e1705!

I am having the exact same problem with my Dell Inspiron 9400. Very frustrating. Appreciate if someone could extend some useful advise. Brgds

Beans

Exclamation Re: Help! Sound problem dell e1705!

Again, someone please help the both of us! It is getting really frustrating! I love ubuntu, but this is getting annoying....

Beans

Exclamation Re: Help! Sound problem dell e1705!

Anyone? Really?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Sorry, I don't get to this forum usually. Scroll to this section:"Volume range anomalies" on this page:
    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebuggingSou.../KarmicCaveats
    Follow up here please.

Beans

I just found this and it makes things work for now... I am not sure that it is a "fix" but it works

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...47&postcount=4