Thread: monitor your networks web activity

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

monitor your networks web activity

i need to have the ability as network administrator to see what everyone connected to our internet is doing, the sites their visiting and emails being sent. how can i do this?
    Last edited by philipballew; December 28th, 2010 at 01:11 AM.

Beans
    Distro

Re: monitor your networks web activity

anybody?

Beans

Talking Re: monitor your networks web activity

Things you want to do are called WLAN hacking metods depend of what do you want to do there are several tools included in Backtrack 4 R2. or you can install these tools manually in ubuntu with apt-get install command... if you have WLAN network created you have to use these tools: ettercap, urlsnarf, driftnet, nmap, wireshark, msfconsole, ssl strip etc (there are many of them) if you have multiple clients on your WLAN network connected you can hack them with just a little knoweledge. if you want to hack their facebook, gmail, yahoo or any other account which uses https protocol you can do this by using ettercap and sslstrip. if you want to capture all the pictures, audio and video media they are looking for you can capture them by using driftnet tool if you want only to capture url adresses they are wisiting you will use urlsnarf tool if you want to hack into your client computer under command shell or if you want to see your's clients desktop and do what ever you want you will use msfconsole and exploits if you want to send an trojan to your victim client you will use msfconsole ad well if you want keylog your victims client keyboard you will use key_scan command under interpreter access if you want set an backdoor to your clients machine you will use netcat or similar tool. if you want to hack WLAN network you will use aircrack-ng and other ***-ng tools ok enough .... THE MOST EASY WAY IS TO INSTALL BACKTRACK 4 R2 and use these tools tell us what do you want to do exactly and you will get the answer

Beans
    Distro

i need to know what sites are being visited and what items are being downloaded

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

etherape

driftnet

For email, it depends on what machine is hosting the mail handler. You can normally just go into /var/spool/mail and read the mail with admin privileges.

Since you are in California, you should understand California Labor Law as it pertains to employee notification/handbook/policies concerning computer privacy and company-provided computer assets.
    -------------------------------------
    Oooh Shiny: PopularPages

Unumquodque potest reparantur. Patientia sit virtus.

Beans

ex: urlsnarf -i wlan0 assuming your interface is wlan0 to check out type this command: iwconfig this command will sniff wisited url-s on your network ex: driftnet -a -d /root/images -s -p -i wlan0 (where /root/images must exist as temporary directory) this command will sniff downloaded images and audio, and will save them into /root/images press driftnet -h for more options and help ex: ettercap -TqM ARP -i wlan0 // // this command will sniff packets from all the hosts on your WLAN network NOTE: if you want to sniff packets from particular hosts you will use following command then: ettercap -TqM ARP -i wlan0 /192.168.1.1/ /192.168.1.23/ 192.168.1.1 is your gateway ip address 192.168.1.23 is your victims ip address to find out what ip address your victim has you will use nmap tool ex: nmap 192.168.1.1/32 this command will scan for all host being up on the WLAN it will ping your hosts, send SYN packets to them and scan for open ports from 1-1000 autput will be something like this: nmap 192.168.1.1/32 Starting Nmap 5.35DC1 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2010-12-28 18:54 CET Nmap scan report for 192.168.1.1 Host is up (0.0021s latency). Not shown: 999 filtered ports PORT STATE SERVICE 443/tcp open https Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 5.71 seconds if you want skip pingin your host use this: nmap 192.168.1.1/32 -sP to fin out wha OS your vivtm has use this 192.168.1.23 -O (if this is his adrress)

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by philipballew View Post
    i need to know what sites are being visited and what items are being downloaded
    Look into transparent proxying with the Squid proxy cache. If you run it on a Linux router sitting between the Internet and your local network, you can push all HTTP requests through it via iptables. Squid will keep a log of every object downloaded by date and IP address. You can get summaries of the logs with SARG.