Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recording with arecord -need help

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Recording with arecord -need help

I added the pre-amp in because output sound levels were a bit low, compared to previous PCs (using the same speakers) but it doesn't make any difference. i put the changes into .asoundrc, and have since removed the entries, however the pre-amp persists in the mixer settings ?

This page more or less gives an answer using jack.

http://sysphere.org/~anrxc/j/archive...ack/index.html

Was able to record audacious mp3 playback using Audacity and arecord, but its hellish fiddly.
    Last edited by Jose Catre-Vandis; January 30th, 2011 at 03:04 AM.
    No longer participating......

Beans
    Hidden!

I thought I had better come back and update on this one (real world issues taken hold over the last two weeks)

Have been unable to compile and install alsa with the snd_aloop module, (and severely buggered my sound setup in the process!) which I believe is what is required in order to capture sounds coming through from the web. I may try again on a clean system.

Only been able to capture sounds using jack when jack output is enabled within the playing application. The .asoundrc settings crap out or the application refuses to play if left as alsa playback. That said, jack_capture is a neat little command line tool.

When natty comes around, I may leave pulse-audio in place, and then use pulse to capture all my onboard sounds.
    No longer participating......

Beans

That's odd, I'm running Ubuntu 11.04 and am having problems recording ANYTHING. I tried "lidex's" code above in hopes of finding my input capabilities but it resulted in me recording PC audio! I'm running Audacity with a copy of a cd track and tried to record over top of it but it just ended up recording the original cd track.
    Thought this might be of some help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12