Thread: Nautilus settings, how to change...?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Nautilus settings, how to change...?

I would like to change the setting on nautilus which is /usr/bin/cautious-launcher I don't want this setting how do I remove/disable it...?
    'The storm had now definitely abated, and what thunder there was now grumbled over more distant hills, like a man saying "AND ANOTHER THING!" twenty minutes after admitting he's lost the argument'
    -Douglas Adams

wojox is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans

Re: Nautilus settings, how to change...?

That's a security feature. There for we can't really tell you on here how to disable it. Why do you ask?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Aparrently I need to disable it to run DVD's from the disk on wine, because it says its read only so I can't make it excutable.
    'The storm had now definitely abated, and what thunder there was now grumbled over more distant hills, like a man saying "AND ANOTHER THING!" twenty minutes after admitting he's lost the argument'
    -Douglas Adams

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Aparrently I need to disable it to run DVD's from the disk on wine, because it says its read only so I can't make it excutable. apparently I need to go to bin then propertiese and change something to do with "open with".

[Bump][Bump][Bump][Bump][Bump][Bump][Bump][Bump][Bump][Bump][Bump][Bump][Bump][Bump][Bump][Bump][Bump][Bump][Bump][Bump][Bump][Bump][Bump][Bump]
    -Douglas Adams

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderkid View Post
    Aparrently I need to disable it to run DVD's from the disk on wine, because it says its read only so I can't make it excutable.
    You don't need to make the file executable. It's not the .exe file you are executing, but Wine instead.

(and diabling such feature wouldn't change anything, anyway. optical medias are always read-inly fileysystes, no permissions can change that.)

So, instead of trying to click the .exe file to run it you should right-click it and choose to open it with Wine. That way it makes no difference if the .exe file has execute permissions or not.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

When I try to do that it say I need to make it executable but I can't because it says its a read only file-system because its a DVD-ROM

(that's what im doing anyway opening it with "wine windows program loader")
    -Douglas Adams

Beans

that's what im doing anyway opening it with "wine windows program loader
    What mcduck was telling you to do -
    right click on any .exe - open with - other application -> use a custom command
    For the command simply use
    wine

This will create a new r. click option named 'wine', use that instead of wine windows program loader

( If you wanted to change 'wine windows program loader' then you need to edit the Exec= line in /usr/share/applications/wine.desktop to remove the cautious launcher crap, ie., to this

Code:
    Exec=wine start /unix %f