Thread: Star1 Netbook won't charge

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu UNR

Star1 Netbook won't charge

Hey I own a Star1 netbook and out of the blue it no longer charges. From what I can tell, the battery is still good. On its last charge, before this happened, I got a good 5 hours of life out of it, but now I will leave it on the charger all night and I will wake up with the battery dead or almost dead. The orange charing light on the unit is on, but the batter does not charge.

Running an up to date Ubuntu 10.04.1 LTS install with latest System 76 Drivers
    Registered Linux user #489078 Ubuntu user #27106
    "Every man dies. Not every man really lives." William Wallace
    Blog! www.vrekk.us

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Star1 Netbook won't charge

Quote Originally Posted by Vrekk View Post
    Hey I own a Star1 netbook and out of the blue it no longer charges. From what I can tell, the battery is still good. On its last charge, before this happened, I got a good 5 hours of life out of it, but now I will leave it on the charger all night and I will wake up with the battery dead or almost dead. The orange charing light on the unit is on, but the batter does not charge.

Running an up to date Ubuntu 10.04.1 LTS install with latest System 76 Drivers
    sounds like you have a faulty charger or a bad battery. Why not contact System76 directly and see what they can do about it. Is it new and under warranty?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu UNR

Re: Star1 Netbook won't charge

Quote Originally Posted by RedRat View Post
    sounds like you have a faulty charger or a bad battery. Why not contact System76 directly and see what they can do about it. Is it new and under warranty?
    It's not very new, and its not under warranty. If time didn't break that, my screwdriver did a long time ago. I think I have narrowed it down to a bad connection between the netbook and battery, because I can get it to charge up if I really push the battery into the netbook
    Registered Linux user #489078 Ubuntu user #27106
    "Every man dies. Not every man really lives." William Wallace
    Blog! www.vrekk.us