Hi all,

I live in Northern Colorado and I have just started using Ubuntu on my Gateway Laptop and I have to old desktop going to waist in my basement and I want to use them for my Mom who lives 20 miles away from me who wants a computer for Internet surfing and email and My sister who lives in Nebraska about 2 hours from me. I am looking for a program that will allow me to connect remotely to their computers if they run into problems and I can do updates etc without actually having to be there. Can anyone give me any advice. PS neither one of them has much computer experience, I have been using windows since I was 9 so Linux is new but I am willing to learn. Also I am wanting to know about new computer builds this is the year I build my new system and I have decided on a AMD Quad core AM3 system with Radeon 5770 1gb card for video and 500gb Western Digital HD, as well as MSI or Asus for my motherboard. I would like to have the following when I am done, AMD Quad Core 3.0 or Higher, 4gb of DDR3, 2x 500gb hd, 1gb ATI Radeon GDDR5 card and it will be used as the family desktop/file server...