Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Script for automated rtorrent installation with rutorrent for Ubuntu 10.04!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Script for automated rtorrent installation with rutorrent for Ubuntu 10.04!

Quote Originally Posted by conkyrc View Post

I´ve followed the next steps:

- Uploaded through FTP "rtorrent_server.sh" to /home/myusername
    - chmod +x /home/myusername/rtorrent_server.sh
    - sudo /home/myusername/rtorrent_server.sh myusername

The install goes well but i see the next error msg:

Code:
    cannot find readable config /home/myusername/.rtorrent.rc. check that it is there and permissions a     re appropriate
    After that i done:

Code:
    sudo apt-cache policy rtorrent
    rtorrent:
      Installiert: 0.8.6-3~patricksissons0
      Kandidat: 0.8.6-3~patricksissons0
      Versions-Tabelle:
     *** 0.8.6-3~patricksissons0 0
            500 http://ppa.launchpad.net/patricksissons/rtorrent/ubuntu/ lucid/main Packages
            100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
         0.8.6-1 0
            500 http://de.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ lucid/universe Packages
    But when i log in the WebUI rTorrent doesn´t work:

Code:
    [21.01.2011 20:53:48] WebUI started.
    [21.01.2011 20:53:48] Bad link to rTorrent. Check if it is really running. Check $scgi_port and $scgi_host settings in config.php and scgi_port in rTorrent configuration file.
    [21.01.2011 20:53:48] rssurlrewrite: Plugin will not work. It require existence of plugin(s) rss
    As you told us before, i tried to re-download & re-upload the script from this thred but i have always the same problem so i cannot use rTorrent properly...

I would like to know how to fix this problem or at least know how to unistall the whole script for do a manual setup of rTorrent + ruTorrent

Thanks for all!

Run the following commands and every change related to rtorrent and rutorrent will be wiped out
    Well, to be more exact, the repository added will not be removed and apache will not be removed too (someone might had apache installed before running this script).

Code:
    sudo apt-get --purge autoremove rtorrent
    sudo rm -f /home/<user-you-used-install>/.rtorrent.rc
    sudo rm -rf /home/<user-you-used-install>/rtorrent
    sudo update-rc.d -f rtorrentInit.sh remove
    sudo rm /etc/init.d/rtorrentInit.sh
    sudo rm -rf /var/www/rutorrent
    sudo a2dissite rutorrent
    sudo rm -f /etc/apache2/sites-available/rutorrent

Reboot your computer.

Beans

Exclamation Re: Script for automated rtorrent installation with rutorrent for Ubuntu 10.04!

Quote Originally Posted by CyberAngel View Post
    Run the following commands and every change related to rtorrent and rutorrent will be wiped out
    Well, to be more exact, the repository added will not be removed and apache will not be removed too (someone might had apache installed before running this script).

Code:
    sudo apt-get --purge autoremove rtorrent
    sudo rm -f /home/<user-you-used-install>/.rtorrent.rc
    sudo rm -rf /home/<user-you-used-install>/rtorrent
    sudo update-rc.d -f rtorrentInit.sh remove
    sudo rm /etc/init.d/rtorrentInit.sh
    sudo rm -rf /var/www/rutorrent
    sudo a2dissite rutorrent
    sudo rm -f /etc/apache2/sites-available/rutorrent

Reboot your computer.
    Ok, all rtorrent paths & configs are now removed, again thanks for your fast anwser & useful information.

Now i would like to offer you a custom quote, as a linux user i always try to learn and fix all the problems i usually have with it. All we know that are a lot of nice how-to around Internet for install this manually, anyway i will love to know why i can´t install and run properly this script under my box.

About the box, i will be glad of share my dedicated (Will be used as plain seedbox rTorrent+FTP without GNOME/KDE or any kind of graphical interface, it has 500GB of HDD @ 100Mbps [5TB Bandwitdh per month] and i haven´t used it a lot during the last days. It has a default Ubuntu v10.04 x32 OS.

Before start the installation process, i create a new user called rt, after that i put them into the sudoers file. I uploaded the rtorrent_server.sh script and type:

Code:
    chmod +x /home/rt/rtorrent_server.sh
    sudo /home/rt/rtorrent_server.sh rt
    I have to mention that i use the repositories of HostNoc (UK), could it cause my installation problems? It´s hard to understand that when other users over this thread run & install all without any problem,

Thanks for your help bro
    Last edited by conkyrc; March 11th, 2011 at 05:37 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by conkyrc View Post
    Ok, all rtorrent paths & configs are now removed, again thanks for your fast anwser & useful information.

Now i would like to offer you a custom quote, as a linux user i always try to learn and fix all the problems i usually have with it. All we know that are a lot of nice how-to around Internet for install this manually, anyway i will love to know why i can´t install and run properly this script under my box.

About the box, i will be glad of share my dedicated (Will be used as plain seedbox rTorrent+FTP without GNOME/KDE or any kind of graphical interface, it has 500GB of HDD @ 100Mbps [5TB Bandwitdh per month] and i haven´t used it a lot during the last days. It has a default Ubuntu v10.04 x32 OS.

Before start the installation process, i create a new user called rt, after that i put them into the sudoers file. I uploaded the rtorrent_server.sh script and type:

Code:
    chmod +x /home/rt/rtorrent_server.sh
    sudo /home/rt/rtorrent_server.sh rt
    I have to mention that i use the repositories of HostNoc (UK), could it cause my installation problems? It´s hard to understand that when other users over this thread run & install all without any problem,

Thanks for your help bro
    Now it's weird to say....
    Do you see any step failing in the script?
    Any error in the output when the script runs?

A good way to debug this is to go step by step and do everything the script does by hand just by copy/paste commands from within the script.

Beans

fresh ubuntu server 10.10 amd64

installed basic SSH and LAMP

[13.04.2011 04:58:24] WebUI started.
    [13.04.2011 04:58:24] Bad link to rTorrent. Check if it is really running. Check $scgi_port and $scgi_host settings in config.php and scgi_port in rTorrent configuration file.
    [13.04.2011 04:58:24] rssurlrewrite: Plugin will not work. It require existence of plugin(s) rs
    cant see the whole output in putty but almost at the end of the script:
    Syntax error on line 1 of /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/rutorrent:
    Invalid command 'SCGIMount', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration
    Action 'configtest' failed.
    The Apache error log may have more information.
    ...fail!
    cannot find rtorrent binary in PATH /usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/sbi n:/bin:/usr/sbin
    apache error log:
    [Wed Apr 13 04:56:37 2011] [notice] Apache/2.2.16 (Ubuntu) configured -- resuming normal operations
    [Wed Apr 13 04:57:07 2011] [notice] caught SIGTERM, shutting down
    [Wed Apr 13 04:57:13 2011] [notice] Apache/2.2.16 (Ubuntu) configured -- resuming normal operations
    [Wed Apr 13 04:57:21 2011] [notice] Graceful restart requested, doing restart
    [Wed Apr 13 04:57:21 2011] [notice] Apache/2.2.16 (Ubuntu) configured -- resuming normal operations
    [Wed Apr 13 04:57:27 2011] [notice] caught SIGTERM, shutting down
    [Wed Apr 13 04:57:28 2011] [notice] Apache/2.2.16 (Ubuntu) PHP/5.3.3-1ubuntu9.3 with Suhosin-Patch configured -- resuming normal operations

Beans

and i found this

http://forums.rutorrent.org/index.php?topic=95.0

after : apt-get install libapache2-mod-scgi
    root@user:/var/log/apache2# /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
    Syntax error on line 1 of /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/rutorrent:
    Invalid command 'SCGIMount', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration
    Action 'configtest' failed.
    The Apache error log may have more information.
    ...fail!
    going to test more on a fresh install with lighttpd tomorrow
    Last edited by gu3; April 13th, 2011 at 04:36 AM.

Beans

with lighttpd i get this error

./rtorrent_server.sh: line 171: /etc/apache2/sites-available/rutorrent: No such file or directory
    ./rtorrent_server.sh: line 174: a2ensite: command not found

Please enter a password for user "user" to access the web ui
    ./rtorrent_server.sh: line 177: htpasswd: command not found
    apache2: unrecognized service
    cannot find rtorrent binary in PATH /usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin
    it works in the browser but i still get
    [13.04.2011 17:39:14] WebUI started.
    [13.04.2011 17:39:14] Bad link to rTorrent. Check if it is really running. Check $scgi_port and $scgi_host settings in config.php and scgi_port in rTorrent configuration file.
    [13.04.2011 17:39:14] rssurlrewrite: Plugin will not work. It require existence of plugin(s) rss
    im just going to compile it manually now, ty for the script anyway

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by gu3 View Post
    with lighttpd i get this error

it works in the browser but i still get
    im just going to compile it manually now, ty for the script anyway
    The script won't work with Ubuntu 10.10....
    Only 10.04.

Check the first post once more

Beans

i bumped into some problems with this script.

i ran it with my mainuser and almost everything worked out of the box, except trafic plugin. the plugin does not show any graphs. is there something you are aware of?

wooh? all of a sudden it's working... sorry guys having same problem i have no clue what i did change. i did some chmod but eventually changed it back, ohh i actually tried

Code:
    http://server/rutorrent/php/initplugins.php
    but if this made the trick alot of other plugins should not work aswell?
    Last edited by kufra; April 29th, 2011 at 10:11 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by kufra View Post
    i bumped into some problems with this script.

i ran it with my mainuser and almost everything worked out of the box, except trafic plugin. the plugin does not show any graphs. is there something you are aware of?

wooh? all of a sudden it's working... sorry guys having same problem i have no clue what i did change. i did some chmod but eventually changed it back, ohh i actually tried

Code:
    http://server/rutorrent/php/initplugins.php
    but if this made the trick alot of other plugins should not work aswell?
    Sorry....
    I don't have a clue about it

Beans

no problem then it's probably nothing wrong with your script.

it's actually working right now, so something i did fixed the problem. thx for awsome script btw!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast