Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Script for automated rtorrent installation with rutorrent for Ubuntu 10.04!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Smile Re: Script for automated rtorrent installation with rutorrent for Ubuntu 10.04!

Quote Originally Posted by bruckwine View Post
    Thanks a lot Cyber Angel - you saved me hours (days?) of headaches
    Happy to know

Beans

Re: Script for automated rtorrent installation with rutorrent for Ubuntu 10.04!

Quote Originally Posted by rocker2344 View Post
    Added an update to the script
    HERE
    and
    HERE as always it will update there first!
    Wow! Thanks for sharing your script.

Beans

This is simply awsome!

Beans

Thanks for the script.

installations was flawless and painless.

Beans

all script links are not working as of 3/24/2012 at least.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by mushroomblue View Post
    all script links are not working as of 3/24/2012 at least.
    I guess you are talking about rocker2344's scripts, right?
    Because the attached script in the first post, must be working fine.

Beans

OK I have a VPS with 10.4.3 LTS installed Apache2 is installed.
    Will this script try and re-install Apache2 or will it just proceed if it sees it.

Sorry I am such a nube with such a question.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by FuuYuu View Post
    OK I have a VPS with 10.4.3 LTS installed Apache2 is installed.
    Will this script try and re-install Apache2 or will it just proceed if it sees it.

Sorry I am such a nube with such a question.
    It will issue the apt-get install command and if it is already installed, it will just go on. This is the behaviour of apt-get.
    Last edited by CyberAngel; March 26th, 2012 at 11:24 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by CyberAngel View Post
    It will issue the apt-get install command and if it is already installed, it will just go on. This is the behavious of apt-get.
    OK this server came as a default with only a root log in. I created a user but haven't managed to add them to the sudoers list yet.
    Can I run this script as su and have it set up rutorrent with the proper directories in that users space?

Beans

I got the following at the end of the install.

Code:
    Adding password for user flamebait
     * Restarting web server apache2                                                                                                       * We failed to correctly shutdown apache, so we're now killing all running apache processes. This is almost certainly suboptimal, so please make sure your system is working as you'd expect now!
     ... waiting Syntax error on line 1 of /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/rutorrent:
    Invalid command 'SCGIMount', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration
                                                                                                                                   [fail]
    cannot find rtorrent binary in PATH /usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin

Installation was succesful
    You can now navigate to http://127.0.0.1/rutorrent and login using user: flamebait and the password you provided.
    Can't connect via htpp:/remote-server-ipdddress/rutorrent. Not sure how to proceed.
    Can't start rutorrent "command not found"
    Last edited by FuuYuu; March 26th, 2012 at 02:03 AM. Reason: typos

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast