Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 81

Thread: Script for automated rtorrent installation with rutorrent for Ubuntu 10.04!

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Beans
    22
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

    Re: Script for automated rtorrent installation with rutorrent for Ubuntu 10.04!

    Added an update to the script
    HERE
    and
    HERE as always it will update there first!

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Beans
    22
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

    Re: Script for automated rtorrent installation with rutorrent for Ubuntu 10.04!

    I will make a SVN so people can join and make and commit changes to the rtorrent install script/project. expect it to be up in about 3 days
    I BLAME SCHOOL!!!!!!!! speaking of school IGTG
    Head over to http://aditlfai.com to read up on info about this svn
    another reason for this svn while browsing through networking/wireless i ran into this
    http://ubuntuforums.org/announcement.php?f=336

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Beans
    22
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

    Re: Script for automated rtorrent installation with rutorrent for Ubuntu 10.04!

    Most likely my last reply on this thread.
    Started GIT repo (not svn) and want to change the name to RUadmin
    (since it does more the the first script by cyberangel)
    Check http://aditlfai.com to get in on all the info

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Beans
    1

    Re: Script for automated rtorrent installation with rutorrent for Ubuntu 10.04!

    hi.
    the script saved my time. really appreciated.
    so, as i have plenty of time now to test things, i re-install all with these modifications.
    nothing important as you did but just to try and it works too so ... i'm just happy right now.

    Code:
    MD5SUM_RUTORRENT_ORIG="ef678b8209e68a036ebf82c7a982aad6"
    MD5SUM_PLUGINS_ORIG="b17f17f535c7e86ede404913f6fd3fbb"
    and this too, as well :

    Code:
    $WGET http://rutorrent.googlecode.com/files/rutorrent-3.3.tar.gz -O /tmp/rutorrent.tar.gz
    $WGET http://rutorrent.googlecode.com/files/plugins-3.3.tar.gz -O /tmp/plugins.tar.gz
    and i tried all of this with a fresh install (Ubuntu Server 10.04.2 LTS 64).

    i wonder now howto get on my seedbox as before (via ssh).
    could it be something you may implement on your script ?

    anyway, thanks for your work.
    --
    Fanny

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Brazil
    Beans
    16
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

    Re: Script for automated rtorrent installation with rutorrent for Ubuntu 10.04!

    Thank you so very much! I'm a newbe and this script saves my life! Thank you, thank you, thank you....

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Beans
    22
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

    Re: Script for automated rtorrent installation with rutorrent for Ubuntu 10.04!

    Quote Originally Posted by FannyMae View Post
    hi.
    the script saved my time. really appreciated.
    so, as i have plenty of time now to test things, i re-install all with these modifications.
    nothing important as you did but just to try and it works too so ... i'm just happy right now.

    Code:
    MD5SUM_RUTORRENT_ORIG="ef678b8209e68a036ebf82c7a982aad6"
    MD5SUM_PLUGINS_ORIG="b17f17f535c7e86ede404913f6fd3fbb"
    and this too, as well :

    Code:
    $WGET http://rutorrent.googlecode.com/files/rutorrent-3.3.tar.gz -O /tmp/rutorrent.tar.gz
    $WGET http://rutorrent.googlecode.com/files/plugins-3.3.tar.gz -O /tmp/plugins.tar.gz
    and i tried all of this with a fresh install (Ubuntu Server 10.04.2 LTS 64).

    i wonder now howto get on my seedbox as before (via ssh).
    could it be something you may implement on your script ?

    anyway, thanks for your work.
    --
    Fanny
    To get on the Cli version simply ssh to the user started with the command /etc/init.d/rtorrentInit.sh
    so
    Code:
    ssh user@host
    screen -x
    You might need to change the password of the user
    so
    Code:
    sudo passwd user
    in the command prompt

    to exit the screen with out killing rtorrent
    Code:
    ctrl a+d

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Brazil
    Beans
    16
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

    Angry Changing the download folder/directory

    Hi there! I've been using this script for a log time, never had any problem. I had to make some changes on my computer and now I'm having this issue, not a problem per say.

    since my HDD is not handling the amount of downloaded data, I had to plug a External USB HDD. No problem doing that, same as Windows (I'm mostly a Windows user). I have changed some folders/directories on rutorrent configuration, rtorrent+rutorrent are still downloading and seeding my files but now I can't use the 'get data' function when I right click a file on a selected torrent from the list. It says 'Web server user can't access the data on this torrent.

    I tried changing permission with chown and chmod but I didn't had any success. I have restarted apache service but I keep getting this message, doesn't matter what I do.

    Could you help me with that? Giving me the command I should use to effectively change the permissions (what and where)?

    Thanks a bunch for this script

    Keep !

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Athens,Greece-Oslo,Norway
    Beans
    356
    Distro
    Kubuntu

    Re: Changing the download folder/directory

    Quote Originally Posted by mizifih View Post
    Hi there! I've been using this script for a log time, never had any problem. I had to make some changes on my computer and now I'm having this issue, not a problem per say.

    since my HDD is not handling the amount of downloaded data, I had to plug a External USB HDD. No problem doing that, same as Windows (I'm mostly a Windows user). I have changed some folders/directories on rutorrent configuration, rtorrent+rutorrent are still downloading and seeding my files but now I can't use the 'get data' function when I right click a file on a selected torrent from the list. It says 'Web server user can't access the data on this torrent.

    I tried changing permission with chown and chmod but I didn't had any success. I have restarted apache service but I keep getting this message, doesn't matter what I do.

    Could you help me with that? Giving me the command I should use to effectively change the permissions (what and where)?

    Thanks a bunch for this script

    Keep !
    Well... To tell the truth, I haven't played a lot with rtorrent and rutorrent. I just made this script back then to automate the installation cause I wanted to use it. Other than that I don't have a clue on how rtorrent and rutorrent works

    I guess for something like this it would be better if you ask rtorrent forums. The only thing comes to my mind is the disk file system. I guess your external hard drive uses the NTFS filesystem.... I have seen some weird behaviour sometimes with NTFS disks and permissions under Linux.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Brazil
    Beans
    16
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

    Re: Changing the download folder/directory

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberAngel View Post
    Well... To tell the truth, I haven't played a lot with rtorrent and rutorrent. I just made this script back then to automate the installation cause I wanted to use it. Other than that I don't have a clue on how rtorrent and rutorrent works

    I guess for something like this it would be better if you ask rtorrent forums. The only thing comes to my mind is the disk file system. I guess your external hard drive uses the NTFS filesystem.... I have seen some weird behaviour sometimes with NTFS disks and permissions under Linux.
    Yeah, it's NTFS. I'll try hooking up this USB HDD on my Windows computer and see if I can change the permissions somehow.

    Thanks for the heads up!

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Beans
    16

    Re: Script for automated rtorrent installation with rutorrent for Ubuntu 10.04!

    Thanks a lot Cyber Angel - you saved me hours (days?) of headaches

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •