Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: infraction

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: infraction

Hopefully you're trying to be funny. You agreed to follow the Code of Conduct (coc) when you created your account.

Beans

I agreed to no such coc. It is sadly a rather flawed coc. I think people should say no to the coc that is mildly opressive, and instead rise up, and create a coc so powerful that no who follows would be able to deny it. .

If we are to follow a coc then it should be a coc that is perfect in every way. Thats what i think.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Keep in mind that this forum isn't a democracy.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Eiji Takanaka View Post
    I agreed to no such coc. It is sadly a rather flawed coc. I think people should say no to the coc that is mildly opressive, and instead rise up, and create a coc so powerful that no who follows would be able to deny it. .

If we are to follow a coc then it should be a coc that is perfect in every way. Thats what i think.

Wut? Has the registration process for the forum changed significantly in the last few years since I registered?

On a slightly more serious note, before I go visit the in-laws (a handful of nephews and nieces I haven't seen in a while are in town), try to picture this:

I hold a valid New Zealand driver's license. Suppose I visit the USA and rent a car, and drive it as if the New Zealand road rules applied. Assuming I survive, it wouldn't take long before I attracted the attention of the local police. (In New Zealand we drive on the left, while in the USA it's usual to drive on the right.) My actions and attitude wouldn't impress the judge much if I insist that my license and driving style are good to go and I should be let off, would it? It would make better sense to get clued up on the regulations relevant to driving in the USA, and not drive in a way that attracts negative attention. Think about it. I might not agree with the rules in some places, but in the interests of keeping things safe and enjoyable I need to respect them.

Keep on smiling.
    Last edited by lisati; December 24th, 2010 at 05:57 AM. Reason: Expand slightly.
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Please use CODE tags
    Including your email address in a post is not recommended
    My Blog

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Eiji Takanaka View Post
    I agreed to no such coc.
    The first page of the registration process has the Code of Conduct on it, and requires you to agree to the CoC before continuing the process, which means you must have agreed to the CoC else you couldn't have registered.

Aside from that - I think lisati summed things up quite nicely above.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123