Thread: LoCo Approval Wiki Page / Next Meeting Date

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

LoCo Approval Wiki Page / Next Meeting Date

Here is an Ubuntu Wiki page on LoCo approval. We have all the resources in place (mailing list, forum, IRC channel, wiki page) -- we just need to use them and get some activities started.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoGettingApproved

I'd like to suggest that since we are near Christmas, we plan on starting meetings up again in January (perhaps January 12 -- second Wednesday). A lot of folks are going to be out of town for the next couple of weeks, or busy with holiday preparations.

I'd also like to recommend that we begin by pounding out a mission statement and working on a strategic plan.

Thoughts?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: LoCo Approval Wiki Page / Next Meeting Date

I'm with you. My attendance and participation has been spotty this month. Like everyone else its only the season. Plus, I'm a little overwhelmed at the various points of contact we use. I think it was you who sent out the recent e-mail directing us to https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-us-mo/ which is good for back and forth communication we care to have documented. I've used the mass-mailer in launchpad to reach all members for announcements. I hope that was a good utilization of our page on launchpad.

As far as a mission statement goes: Shatter Windows - Propagate Ubuntu! I don't know...thats more of a slogan. I do like the idea of propagating Ubuntu, and if we spend time and labor doing so there's nothing wrong with excepting some payment. I drove out to Blue Springs the other night and spent an hour troubleshooting an install I did a few months ago. Turned out the kids just unchecked some of the software sources that were needed. They wanted to play yahoo! games so I thought I would just go there, install java and be done. Anyway, she's baking me a pie for my time and effort. I'd like to get professional enough to ask for a small amount of money. I was also thinking that building Ubuntu boxes could be profitable if we could find QUALITY components cheap enough to get business. I have a store front I could use to sell those boxes. Maybe, building a system without having to pay the "Windows Tax" that a lot of manufacturers do could make a box just as good as any windows box but cheaper, with no viruses and no defrag maintenance.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

You could probably become a reseller of System76 Easy enough.

I've thought of custom build computers with some airbrush art on the sides (possibly the front as well) and sell the custom builds as they come through. All 100% custom (Think American Chopper, but not quite total fabrication lol)

I'd love to do these kind of things, as I'm EXTREMELY good at building reliable machines.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

i like his idea jbrouhard itd be kind of like that i love to build myself but cant paint very good i was thinking of using graphics like some car peeps does for the cases so we could make them like a custom logo and stuff