Thread: Wireless cable pinched

Beans

Wireless cable pinched

On my PANP5, I recently realized that this whole time of owning my computer, my CPU & RAM panel has been closing on and pinching the fat cable that goes from deep inside the case into the wireless card. It looks totally pinched and I have trouble staying connected wirelessly now. However, I'm out of warranty and I can't find guides on taking apart this thing anywhere. I also already tried taking it apart, but I couldn't find the final screw and/or that pop-sound-making lock all laptops have. When I tried just pulling it apart, I ended up snapping the plastic grate that covers my vent in half, which is actually a very harmless and unnoticeable break.

I've already been told via support e-mail months ago that System76 does not have the full specs of their computers and their factory doesn't tell them how to take them apart, but I really need help getting this cable replaced. Is there some way I can fix this without having to cut the cable?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Wireless cable pinched

I can see what I can do about digging up a service manual for that chassis. Please email us at support...at...system76...dot...com.
    Ian Santopietro - System76 Technical Support.
    Open a Support Ticket!
    Ask a Sales Question!