Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SuperTuxKart 0.7 released

Beans

Re: SuperTuxKart 0.7 released

Ok I'm running 10.04 LTS 2.6.32-29-generic, 2.30.2 and have a powerwave controller that was working on the old version. When the controller is plugged in and the game started the options highlight at a rate of knots not allowing one to pick menu options, it just jumps from one menu to another on its own. If I unplug the controller I am able to pick option with the mouse and play game with keyboard.
    Ay ideas on how to sort. The kids are sad they cannot use the controller, but love the new look and tracks. let me know what info you need to look at with terminal commands ........
    cheers
    kev

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi Kevrox, there have been a few changes to the gamepad handling after 0.7, so hopefully the upcoming 0.7.1 release will work for you.
    If you know how to build from source, you can grab the latest SVN version from here: https://supertuxkart.svn.sourceforge...art/main/trunk
    This would help us confirm that it works, and if not some more debug checks can be done using the SVN version.
    My intent is not to flame. I am unarmed. -- QIII; thanks!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur_D View Post
    Hi Kevrox, there have been a few changes to the gamepad handling after 0.7, so hopefully the upcoming 0.7.1 release will work for you.
    If you know how to build from source, you can grab the latest SVN version from here: https://supertuxkart.svn.sourceforge...art/main/trunk
    This would help us confirm that it works, and if not some more debug checks can be done using the SVN version.
    Many thanks for response mate, will look at the link and see if I can tinker with it,

Beans
    Distro

Let me know how it goes.

Side note: SuperTuxKart 0.7 can now be installed directly with apt-get install supertuxkart in Debian Testing and Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal. Hooray!

Beans

Ok so do I follow these instruction then?
    https://supertuxkart.svn.sourceforge.../trunk/INSTALL
    running 10.04LTS

Beans
    Distro

Yeah, that should hopefully do the trick. If you build Irrlicht 1.7.2 yourself, these instructions seems more correct than in the file you linked to.

Any trouble, just ask.

Beans

Yeah, that should hopefully do the trick. If you build Irrlicht 1.7.2 yourself, these instructions seems more correct than in the file you linked to.

Any trouble, just ask.
    Thanks for the link, I ran the script but still no good.
    what next.....
    is there any terminal command I can run to provide anyone with more info...
    cheers
    kev

Beans

gone back to v0.6, kids are happy again...

Beans
    Distro

0.7.1 is officially out - try the static Linux binary on the website and see if it works for you.

Beans

0.7.1 is officially out - try the static Linux binary on the website and see if it works for you.
    downloaded the above , http://sourceforge.net/projects/supe...r.bz2/download

Ran the game and it has stopped the menu skipping. It sees the PowerWave controller as a "DragonRise Inc" Generic USB Joystick. But does not allow customisation. No stick or button usage.

So no control of the game, almost like the controller was not there, still I think it is an improvement .... just need to figure out why on V0.6 it works fine and V0.7.1 not...

ok does anyone think that because I ran the script from here https://supertuxkart.svn.sourceforge.../trunk/INSTALL

it has stuffed the controller connection,..... but still works with v0.6 so I guess no.....
    Last edited by Kevrox; April 17th, 2011 at 04:08 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast