Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Linux for iPhone.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Linux for iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by Spr0k3t View Post
    You'll have to pardon my overly snarky remarks. I'm a big fan of absolute hate towards anything apple related. Nevertheless, cool to hear that Android will work on the iphone.
    Oh, I didn't actually care if you hated Apple or not; I just wanted to be just as snarky.

Quote Originally Posted by Frak View Post
    Well, it works well enough to do phone and smart-phone things. The only thing lacking, thus far, are optimizations. The lack of driver support is killer.
    That's really a damn shame. Because I'd love to install Android on my phone just to tinker with it. I don't want to have to buy a new phone just to use Android.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Speck View Post
    Oh, I didn't actually care if you hated Apple or not; I just wanted to be just as snarky.

That's really a damn shame. Because I'd love to install Android on my phone just to tinker with it. I don't want to have to buy a new phone just to use Android.
    Currently, from what I've gathered, it supports all the features of the 3GS (but not the iPhone 4), but with hacked together drivers. Though, I'd give it another couple of months, and I think it'll be up to iPhone speed.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by Frak View Post
    Currently, from what I've gathered, it supports all the features of the 3GS (but not the iPhone 4), but with hacked together drivers. Though, I'd give it another couple of months, and I think it'll be up to iPhone speed.
    Nice to read, I got a 3GS one. How is the unlocking possibilities with Android on a iPhone then? And is it still locked to the same phone-companies as it were before I unlocked it now with iOS?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I'm shaking my head at this. Why potentially brick a iPhone? Sell it and buy an Android or whatever you want powered phone. Simple fix for a simple problem

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Nice to read, I got a 3GS one. How is the unlocking possibilities with Android on a iPhone then? And is it still locked to the same phone-companies as it were before I unlocked it now with iOS?
    I'm pretty sure it uses a standard SIM loader, so, no, it isn't locked into the traditional carriers.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

ok thanks for the info. I've watched some tech videos on dualbooting with iOS and Android. Really cool that it's possible. After the holidays i might try it out.

However, when i first created this thread I was curious if there's possible to get... well for example- Ubuntu on an iPhone. I know Ubuntu allready got Multi-touch Support built-in. So if its allready possible to boot a linux kernel on the iPhone. Wouldn't it be possible to boot into a Linux dist? Fill me in here guys...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    ok thanks for the info. I've watched some tech videos on dualbooting with iOS and Android. Really cool that it's possible. After the holidays i might try it out.

However, when i first created this thread I was curious if there's possible to get... well for example- Ubuntu on an iPhone. I know Ubuntu allready got Multi-touch Support built-in. So if its allready possible to boot a linux kernel on the iPhone. Wouldn't it be possible to boot into a Linux dist? Fill me in here guys...
    Dude, seriously, learn to Google

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12