Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: questions on macbookpro 6,2: temp sensors, nvidia display, boot errors

Beans

Re: questions on macbookpro 6,2: temp sensors, nvidia display, boot errors

well, I neverd heard about that FW corruption issue and I couldn't tell you about oneiric, sorry

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: questions on macbookpro 6,2: temp sensors, nvidia display, boot errors

it is bug #774089 in launchpad, that when installing natty the first three boot attempts failed, and only the forth or fifth boot would be successful, every time you shut down or restart. It was because of a bug in the installer or grub2, i'm not sure, that corrupted the EFI firmware in the macbookpro.
    This and the inability to connect to wireless N networks have made me not to upgrade, waiting for those problems to be solved.
    But Oneiric is out now, and if I want to upgrade to it, I have to still upgrade to Natty, that is why I am asking.
    The other option would be to clean install Oneiric, with all the work in reconfiguring and re copying personal data it involves.
    I appreciate very much your feedback, but I would like to be very sure before proceeding, if there little chance that installing or upgrading to natty or oneiric will corrupt the firmware or give more problems than with Maverick, which works fine, but it is not up to date.
    Last edited by Alejandro Castanaza; October 20th, 2011 at 08:09 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123