Thread: How to download and install ethernet drivers without internet>

Beans

How to download and install ethernet drivers without internet>

I need to know how I can download onto my laptop (running Xubuntu 10.10) and install on my desktop computer ( with no Internet access) nvidia drivers for the on-board wired Ethernet card. I removed the non working 320G hard drive ( originally containing Windows Vista ) and put in a used 40G hard drive ( originally containing Windows XP) and installed Xubuntu onto it. Xubuntu detects the LAN Card but it will not connect to the Internet.

Original Specifications:

HP Pavilion a1710n Desktop
    Processor Speed 2.2GHz
    Cache (L2) 512KB+512KB L2 Cache
    Bus Speed 2000MHz System Bus

Operating System Windows Vista Home Premium
    Chip set Ge Force 6150 LE/n Force 430 Chip set
    Memory 1024MB PC2-4200 DDR2 SDRAM memory(2x512MB for ultimate performance)(expandable performance)(expandable to 4GB)
    Hard Drive 320GB 7200RPM Serial ATA hard drive
    Optical Drive(s) Super Multi DVD Burner with Light Scribe Technology: 16x DVDR, 8x DVD+RW, DVD+RW, 6x DVD-RW, 8x DVD+R DL, 4x DVD-R DL, 5x DVD-RAM, 16x DVD-ROM, DVD-ROM, 40x CDR, 32x CDRW, 40x CD-ROM*
    Video Graphics NVIDIA Ge Force 6150 LE Graphics with 128MB dedicated graphics memory. Up Up to 319MB Total Available Graphics Memory as allocated by Windows Vista

Please Help !!!!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: How to download and install ethernet drivers without internet>

Quote Originally Posted by sjkregs View Post
    I need to know how I can download onto my laptop (running Xubuntu 10.10) and install on my desktop computer ( with no Internet access) nvidia drivers for the on-board wired Ethernet card.
    Drivers for nvidia ethernet devices come in the kernel for all versions of Ubuntu. I doubt whether there is a nvidia ethernet chipset that isn't supported. Your connection problem is probably down to something else. Tell us more about your setup and perhaps we can find out what has gone wrong.

For the record, post the terminal output of:

Code:
    lspci | grep -i ethernet
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans

Bumping this thread because I am having the exact same problem except with the following chipset: NVIDIA GeForce 7025 / nForce 630a

Terminal output of the command you suggested is:

Code:
    00:07.0 Bridge: nVidia Corporation MCP61            (rev a2)
    Please help! Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Hi, this is an old thread so it has been closed please start a new thread of your own with a descriptive title.
    Thanks