Re: Canon CanoScan N670U not recognised

Perhaps the cable
    Athlon 3500+, 1Gb ram, Geforce 6200TC, Gigabyte GA-K8N51GMG-9-RH

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Smile Re: Canon CanoScan N670U not recognised

I hope I'm not reviving a dead topic since this is a bit old, but here's a bit of an update:

I have a CanoScan N670U and it turns out that it only worked with the 32-bit distros. Even in Windows there was no 64-bit support for it, I believe. However, I did manage to get it working on Ubuntu and Linux Mint, but it only works half the time. I do have some good news, though.

When looking to install drivers, I found a program called VueScan. It works with Linux, Windows, and Macs. At first, I was a bit discouraged because you needed to buy a license to use it without watermarks, but it seems that the developer has made the *basic* scanning free to use without them. It's only the more advanced features that you need to pay for. There is a very large number of supported scanners, so give it a shot. It worked flawlessly for me, and if all you want to do is scan, then this might be a workaround. (The fix would be to have your computer scan without any additional help, but a roughly 7 MB downloadable program that you simply double-click to open seems like an easy alternative.)

Here's the story on the now free basic functionality:
    http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/7/prweb9656711.htm

... and here's the website itself:
    http://www.hamrick.com/

Just click the Linux version you want (32 or 64 bit), extract to the folder of your choosing, double-click the "vuescan" program, and you're set!

Hope this helps!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Canon CanoScan N670U not recognised

Hi, this is an old thread so it has been closed, thanks for sharing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123