Thread: Taskbar showing in MythTV - not compiz

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Taskbar showing in MythTV - not compiz

I (finally) have my screen resolution set properly, but the top taskbar still shows while I'm in Myth on my TV. I've read elsewhere that it's either because of compiz, or the GFX card. So far as I know, since it is just the standard XFCE desktop, there is no Compiz. How do I know if it is the GFX card, and how do I fix it. Alternatively, is there something else that can help?
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ 2.3GHz Dual Core, ASUS ATX AMD Motherboard, CORSAIR 4GB RAM, EVGA 512MB GeForce 9500 GT, 1.5TB mirrored RAID, 30GB primary drive, pcHDTV and Hauppauge 1600 tuners. Yeah, this hasn't been accurate for a long time.

Beans

Re: Taskbar showing in MythTV - not compiz

Hi,

There's an option in mythfrontend setup to enable "full screen mode".

Regards
    Ian Dobson
    Walking on water and writing software to specification is easy if they're frozen.

My corner of the internet http://www.planet-ian.com

Beans
    Distro

Under which header? Just went through the menus for Setup => General and Setup => Appearance and did not see it.
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ 2.3GHz Dual Core, ASUS ATX AMD Motherboard, CORSAIR 4GB RAM, EVGA 512MB GeForce 9500 GT, 1.5TB mirrored RAID, 30GB primary drive, pcHDTV and Hauppauge 1600 tuners. Yeah, this hasn't been accurate for a long time.

Beans

Hi,

Under appearance on the second screen there are options for the GUI size and display/hide mouse, Fixed GUI size, Window frame etc.

Regards
    Ian Dobson
    Walking on water and writing software to specification is easy if they're frozen.

My corner of the internet http://www.planet-ian.com

Beans
    Distro

Yep...and I went through and checked/unchecked/varying combinations there-of...still see the taskbar. I thought the previous poster was saying there was one, literally, that said "Full screen."