Thread: Weather Report 2.30.0 stuck

Hybrid View

Beans

Question Weather Report 2.30.0 stuck

Ubuntu 10.04, Weather Report 2.30.0 (gnome-applet)

I'm using the gnome-applet for weather reports. In the Details section, it updates the "Current Conditions" tab with current conditions properly, but in the "Forecast" tab, my report for New York City has been stuck on the same forecast for weeks now. It never changes.

I've tried clicking the "update" button, but the same forecast just gets refreshed. I've also tried changing the city, then cycling back to NYC, but the same forecast persists. I've also tried changing sub-locations for NYC, but I still get the same forecast.

I have another instance of the applet running for another city, and it updates the forecast properly. The problem only exists for New York City.

Ideas?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Weather Report 2.30.0 stuck

I have this same issue on both of my Ubuntu machines. They are both running 10.04 with weather applet 2.30.0.

Each machine has been reporting a stale forecast for months now. I've tried updating and changing locations to no avail.

Beans

It appears to me that the problem may not have to do with the weather applet, but the source of the forecast.

I just installed the weather applet on a different machine and set the location to NYC. I got the identical "stuck" forecast that's been on my other machine for weeks. Though today is Monday, it shows a forecast for a certain Friday, and it shows the forecast for the next couple of days, starting with Saturday, Sunday, etc.

Perhaps the source of the weather forecast is "stuck"?

Beans

I'm seeing this problem, too. I'm also pointed to New York.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

me too. if there isn't a machine to kick, guess I'll just have to move to New Jersey.

Beans

I've been having the same problem for a few weeks as well. Mine's stuck to a particular report; if I set it to Newark Airport, It gives me the forecast for Mon, Jan 31 / 08:51. Similarly with other locations, just different date and time. No location refreshes.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Old thread closed, please start a new thread.