Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: America's Army 2 Special Forces - Need Some Help Completing the Installation

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: America's Army 2 Special Forces - Need Some Help Completing the Installation

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Brown View Post
    Had installed AA and works perfectly on ubuntu 10.04. But it's been quite some time that im not sure what the detailed steps are.

something close to:

used the armyops250linux run file, (filefront or other links on americas army site)

?then libstdc++5 (edit: available in repository)

pbsetup for linux from evenbalance.com (punkbuster anti cheat)

no need for wine.

still a great game, it has aged well There's still several servers out there. at least 2 that are active. others have no people but are up.

and don't forget Tremulous on your list of first person shooters, quite an experience.

(2nd edit, remembering) shortcut might not appear in applications, but i think you can find it when you right click on Applications in the panel and click 'edit menu'... it should be in the 'Others' section.
    I doubt I'll ever attempt to install that game again any time soon. For now I'll continue to enjoy Urban Terror.

Tremulous seems to only be in 32 bit, I'm running 64 bit. But thanks for the response.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: America's Army 2 Special Forces - Need Some Help Completing the Installation

Run this in a terminal see if it gives you sound during play

padsp /usr/local/games/armyops/armyops

It should create a menu entry in your menu using it so you will have only to press a button to get it running with sound.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

America's Army 2 is a great game but just try this
    http://aa25assist.sourceforge.net/

Beans

http://aa25assist.sourceforge.net/download.php
    i just installed today with this but it seems that not many servers are up. anyone else play or have more servers? or play another game?... i am only 31 honor from 2nd account but dont want to lose it lol.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by buttrunks101 View Post
    http://aa25assist.sourceforge.net/download.php
    i just installed today with this but it seems that not many servers are up. anyone else play or have more servers? or play another game?... i am only 31 honor from 2nd account but dont want to lose it lol.
    If you want to play a real competitive, great online first person shooter, go for Urban Terror. Hit me up if you're ready for a challenge. I'll own anyone on the servers I like to play on, which is mostly capture the flag.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12