View Poll Results: What's the best temperature for serving hard liquor?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Usually cold

28 41.18%
  • Usually room temperature

25 36.76%
  • I dont' drink alcohol

15 22.06%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hard liquor: cold or room temperature?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Hard liquor: cold or room temperature?

My whole life growing up (I live in America), my parents always kept their liquor at room temperature in a kitchen cabinet. At bars too they keep it sitting out in plain view.

But when I came to college all of my friends keep their hard liquors in the refrigerator to store for long term and the freezer if they're going to be drinking it within the next few hours.

When I told my parents this they just looked at me weird and said that nobody drinks liquors cold. But it seems to make more sense. If you're drinking a Jack and Coke for example, why would you want your whiskey to warm up the pop? Or even if you're just going to drink it straight. Since almost every other beverage except coffee is drank cold, wouldn't you also do the same with your liquor? It also cuts down on the burn.

I'm adding a poll to see what's the norm.
    The only thing I know for certain is that I know nothing at all, for certain.

Beans

Re: Hard liquor: cold or room temperature?

I do not like my jägermeister anything but cold, but it is different from liquor to liquor.
    Don't peach linux. Melon it!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by red_Marvin View Post
    I do not like my jägermeister anything but cold, but it is different from liquor to liquor.
    This. It really depends upon the alcohol. Some taste better cold, while others taste better warm.

And if you're going to drink Jack, you need to drink it like a man. You'll need a Lime, some salt, and a cold glass of straight Jack. You snort the salt, shoot the Jack, and squirt the lime in your eyes.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Neither.
    311 may be down with "the unity", but I am not.
    Anxiously waiting for Mint 11.

Asus G73 i7 Processor 6 GB RAM
    HP Media Center Pc 876x 1.5 GB Ram p4 2.4 ghz Processor

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I put it in the freezer the night before. We keep one each in the freezer at all times of Tequila, Scotch and Brandy. I used to drink Crown Royal and Dr. Pepper, but they went and changed the formula for D.P., so I moved on to bigger and better liquors. We had a liquor rack built into the wall in our den, so there is quite the assortment and lots of ice in the fridge for those unscheduled temptations.
    "I want a dumb phone that allows me to decide just how smart it can be." ~me

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by uRock View Post
    I put it in the freezer the night before. We keep one each in the freezer at all times of Tequila, Scotch and Brandy. I used to drink Crown Royal and Dr. Pepper, but they went and changed the formula for D.P., so I moved on to bigger and better liquors. We had a liquor rack built into the wall in our den, so there is quite the assortment and lots of ice in the fridge for those unscheduled temptations.
    What can be better than Crown Royal?

Personally, I think Crown Royal Black is the top of the line of whiskeys for me, but I can't see myself spending exuberant amounts of money on alcohol. (750 mL of Crown Royal is about 25 USD around here)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Ether way is just fine with me ! Party ON!
    johnnyg713
    Ultimate Edition,We are World Wide and Growing !
    http://ultimateedition.info/
    http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com/for...hp?f=36&t=2387

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Typically when I drink liquor straight, vodka and Jagermeister generally come from the freezer, but when it comes to scotch and gin I prefer them at room temperature. When they are mixed in a drink, I'm not particularly fussy.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

warm so i can keep the bottle hidden from the parents...
    yes Im of age; just broke college student that is living in hard economical times.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by unknownPoster View Post
    This. It really depends upon the alcohol. Some taste better cold, while others taste better warm.

And if you're going to drink Jack, you need to drink it like a man. You'll need a Lime, some salt, and a cold glass of straight Jack. You snort the salt, shoot the Jack, and squirt the lime in your eyes.
    lol.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast