tar system backup and restoring scripts
After studying Heliode's tutorial (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=35087), I have written a pair of backup and restore scripts as my script learning exercise.
Backup script :
Basically the same as Heliode's tutorial.
The backup script does not support command line option.
Restore script :
targeted at fully automating the restore processes to a new disk drive, which has the following features :
- repartitioning the target to 1-3 partitions including swap
- change the file system of the restored system, also change to /etc/fstab to mount the new file system
- restore MRB so that a bootable system can be obtained (use chroot grub-install)
- option -u to force to change the target's fstab and grub to use UUID for booting and mounting
- option -r=new_passwd to reset the root password of the target
The restore script supports command line options, e.g.:
restore-rfs.sh -b=/rfs_backup/Ubuntu10.04.tgz -f=ext4 -p -t=5000 -o=4096 -u
If you are interested in these scripts, please try them and let me know if there is any problem.
Last edited by akkdx; January 6th, 2011 at 08:23 AM.
Reason: new version of script 0.30
Tags for this Thread