Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Asus N53jq, sound not working

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 15.04 Vivid Vervet

Re: Asus N53jq, sound not working

@blowfish880
    Can you provide more system info please? Use the alsa-info-script to provide detailed information.
    Run this command in a terminal:
    Code:
    wget http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-info.sh -O alsa-info.sh && bash alsa-info.sh
    Choose the upload option and provide a link for the output.
    [Terminal="Applications->Accessories->Terminal"]

Beans

hey lidex,
    recently i added the maverick partner repository (for a different reason) and that caused a few updates including some alsa stuff. right now the sound is working. i do have a feeling that it will break again. if it does i will run the command you told me to but for now i'm gonna leave it as it is (never change a working system). thanks anyway.

Beans

there we go: briefly fired up windows (didn't even do much, just wanted to test something), rebooted to ubuntu and sound is broken again. reinstalling alsa-base and linux-alsa-driver-module-... didn't help either. i ran the command and the result is here:
    http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=ee...ac0de7871caf74

i'd really appreciate your help!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by blowfish880 View Post
    there we go: briefly fired up windows (didn't even do much, just wanted to test something), rebooted to ubuntu and sound is broken again. reinstalling alsa-base and linux-alsa-driver-module-... didn't help either. i ran the command and the result is here:

i reïnstalled recendly my ubuntu from 32 to 64 bit and i follow my discription i did and it work again.
    so lets try it my way. see page 2 almost the end.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by blowfish880 View Post

Try changing the position fix parameter you added to alsa-base.conf to:
    Code:
    probe_mask=1
    The value of 0 you have for position fix is actually default behavior anyway.

Beans

good news, the sound is working again. at the moment it seems like i just have to turn off the laptop after using windows (rebooting doesn't do it). after turning it off and on the sound works. it's really strange behaviour. thanks to both of you for the help.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Hi, I've some problem with sound in my asus n52da. Everything was fine 'till yesterday, but today I've got sound only from output (headphones), but internal speakers don't work. my system info
    http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=8e...eb9c17b58bff69

Speakers ALTEC

Edit

Strange, it works again. Yesterday evening, before I went to bed speakers doesn't work, but today it is ok. No updates, no soft installation, just turning on the computer.

My current alsa sys info
    http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=66...5fcad1ee431cdd
    Last edited by mad_prince; January 26th, 2011 at 09:52 AM.
    Sorry for my english. If you prefer, I can use polish

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

doesn't work today :/
    Sorry for my english. If you prefer, I can use polish

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by mad_prince View Post
    doesn't work today :/
    For you I suggest removing edits from alsa-base.conf
    Code:
    snd-hda-intel: model=auto position_fix=0
    snd-hda-intel: model=eeepc-p901
    and re-installing alsa. Using a Terminal="Applications->Accessories->Terminal"
    Code:
    sudo aptitude --purge reinstall linux-sound-base alsa-base alsa-utils linux-image-`uname -r` linux-ubuntu-modules-`uname -r` libasound2
    Reboot.

Beans

So after trying all of the pertinent solutions from the first page, without any results, I scrolled through the subsequent posts and noticed that one user reccomended that I try shutting down my computer in windows and then starting it again in ubuntu, and voila--the sound suddenly worked. Because the methadology was anything but scientific, I'm not sure which of the solutions was responsible--but I do know that it has to be one of the first posts, and that it will only work once you have manually rebooted FROM windows. The sound has worked continuously since then, even though I've been using both Windows and Ubuntu on this computer, and have not needed to shut down windows (as opposed to hitting "restart") since the first time. It's really strange, but it did the trick. Thanks to all.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast