Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Possible unity issue

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Possible unity issue

Quote Originally Posted by macroshaft View Post
    But the problem here is that many systems, like mine, must boot once without 3D support and have the 3D driver installed, then you are just left with a background and no menus. Either Unity needs to try to enable itself on every boot or it needs to revert back to the gnome desktop with an obvious option to try again when you have fixed the issues. As it works now it rendered my system unusable.

Well, that is how it works , if 3d is available unity is enabled at boot , else you install the drivers and later on next login you get the option.

But considering the alpha state of natty, things will keep changing .In fact if you update your system now, the visual effects tab also is missing now from appearances.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Re: Possible unity issue

Quote Originally Posted by rajeev1204 View Post
    Well, that is how it works , if 3d is available unity is enabled at boot , else you install the drivers and later on next login you get the option.

But considering the alpha state of natty, things will keep changing .In fact if you update your system now, the visual effects tab also is missing now from appearances.
    Of course I'm not going to get worried about any of this at such an early stage. Actually everything is running correctly now which is surprising, I usually find alpha versions near unusable.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123