Thread: Wine application won't run with ntdll error RtlpWaitForCriticalSection

Beans

Wine application won't run with ntdll error RtlpWaitForCriticalSection

I am trying to run a airplane GPS/navigation trainer under Wine. It is called Diamond DA40 G1000 Trainer v8.01. I tried running the program in a terminal and got the following error messages. The first message I got about 5 seconds after typing in the wine command. "wine CDUSINv2" which is a ".exe" file in the current directory

err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7bca78e4 "loader.c: loader_section" wait timed out in thread 001b, blocked by 0009, retrying (60 sec)

...then a 1 minute wait and the following message...

err:seh:raise_exception Unhandled exception code c0000194 flags 0 addr 0x7bc34a53

Screenshot-jgw@jgw-Studio-XPS-7100: ~-.wine-drive_c-Program Files-Diamond DA40 G1000 Trainer v8..png

I couldn't find anything about the windows program I am trying to run or from searching at WineHQ: http://www.winehq.org
    I did notice a similar problems doing some Google searching but no resolutions and this one here is a very old example:
    http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine...ry/006628.html
    since this example is so old and there a a lot of this type of error, I have to think it is a common easily fixed error or some kind of generic message because of a configuration issue.

Does anyone know what the error messages mean or, better yet, how to correct the problem? Thanks!
    Last edited by jwaclawsky; December 14th, 2010 at 12:30 AM.

dino99 is offline Ubuntu addict and loving it
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Wine application won't run with ntdll error RtlpWaitForCriticalSection

into a terminal:

wine --debug yourapp > log.txt

then watch this log to find errors

Beans

I tried the debug command "wine --debug yourapp > log.txt" and I get an error that "debug.exe" is missing from C:\\windows... (see screen shot). I reproduced the original error and then tried the debug command suggested. I can't find anything labeled "debug" in the "winetricks" packages. Do I have to be in a certain directory to enter the command? ...or am I missing one or more packages that I should install from winetricks? BTW, where will the log file be located once I get this working? ...any suggestions are appreciated.
    Screenshot-jgw@jgw-Studio-XPS-7100: ~-.wine-drive_c-Program Files-Diamond DA40 G1000 Trainer v8..png

Beans

bump ..any further advice before I remove my wine 1.3.9 and install a prior "stable" version. Thanks