Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Network Configuration on UEC

Beans

Network Configuration on UEC

Hi, I have one computer that is the cloud controller with only one interface configured with a public ip and other computer that is the node controller with only one interface also configured with a public ip. Both are clients of a big network that have a dhcp-server that distributes public ips for them and for any other computer that is mapped in the server. My intention is that the vms get ips from this dhcp server and not from the eucalyptus dhcp server, just like a bridge in virtualbox or vmware. The vms should have public ips and be acessible by everybody in the world.

What vnet_mode I have to configure on UEC? system, static, ..??

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Network Configuration on UEC

Hi there,

According to the table on http://open.eucalyptus.com/wiki/Euca...iguration_v2.0

You need SYSTEM mode

Beans

Ok, I configured eucalpytus in system mode, but now I have another problem. My dhcp server is mac mapped, and I need the mac address of the instance. How can I connect to the vm to get it? I tried virt-manager to connect to the node and it shows my instances but when I try to open the graphic console It say that it's not configured for guests.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Hi .. which logged into the NC (KVM box) .. try doing the following. Here is an example for me

# virsh list --all
    Id Name State
    ----------------------------------
    - openstack1 shut off
    - openstack2 shut off

# virsh dumpxml openstack1 | grep 'mac address'
    <mac address='52:54:00:99:d0:d8'/>

Beans

Hi, I'm on vacation now, but once I'm back to work I'll try this, thanks. But is there a method to connect to the instances in graphic mode? I think it would be necessary in windows instances sometimes.. I know that there is VNC and RDP but if the instance dont have network connection? And if for some reason I need to see the instance booting?

Another question: There is nothing in UEC that is like VMware VCenter, where you can see the the amount of processor/memory/disk each vm is using, where you can manage the amount of resources of the nodes, manage the vms, the clusters??
    In hybridfox for example you can only start and stop instances or other little tasks.. you can't see the status and resources of the vms, etc.

Beans

Hi drpsycho
    1- you can try this method to connect to an instance without IP-address. But it's only for debugging not for production.

http://open.eucalyptus.com/participa...nc-debug-image

2- You can get informations about an instance using the virsh command on the Node or using the virt manager.

use " man virsh " for the man page.

Regards
    Last edited by raymdt; December 17th, 2010 at 11:53 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by raymdt View Post
    Hi drpsycho
    1- you can try this method to connect to an instance without IP-address. But it's only for debugging not for production.

http://open.eucalyptus.com/participa...nc-debug-image

2- You can get informations about an instance using the virsh command on the Node or using the virt manager.

use " man virsh " for the man page.

Regards
    I tried virt-manager to connect to the node and it shows my instances but when I try to open the graphic console It say that it's not configured for guests.

Beans

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by kim0 View Post
    Hi .. which logged into the NC (KVM box) .. try doing the following. Here is an example for me

# virsh list --all
    Id Name State
    ----------------------------------
    - openstack1 shut off
    - openstack2 shut off

# virsh dumpxml openstack1 | grep 'mac address'
    <mac address='52:54:00:99:d0:d8'/>
    Hi, I tried "virsh list --all" in NC but it doesn't show my domains but euca-describe-instances say that my instances are running. And I still can't make virt-manager work.

Another question: What's the default user and password of the images in the store? I think I will need them if I make vnc or virt-manager work.

Beans

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast