Thread: KDE desktop settings help (Activities)

Beans

KDE desktop settings help (Activities)

Hi,

I'm trying to get to grips with KDE desktop settings with regards to Activities. I understand how they work etc but would like to change some things.

Basically the default behaviour seems to be that if I change activities, the apps I'm running "move across" from one activity to the other. ie: at the moment I have a Google Chrome window open. If I switch activity the chrome window remains and only the activity in the background is changing. For example: from a Search and Launch container to a Desktop container.

What I would like to happen is when I switch activity I get a blank workspace. So what I'm asking: is there a way to keep applications that are opened in one activity to remain "locked" into that activity?

Not sure I explained that very well. But thanks for any tips on how to configure this behaviour.

Beans

Re: KDE desktop settings help (Activities)

Its ok I achieved the effect I wanted, by ticking "different widgets for each desktop" option. Which seems to lock an app to a desktop. Also allows different wallpapers on each desktop and a different activity per desktop, which exactly what I wanted!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: KDE desktop settings help (Activities)

When I uncheck Different widgets for each desktop the only change that I observe is that I get the same wallpaper on all desktops. I am running Kubuntu 11.04. I always have my apps remain on the desktop where they were opened except if I have checked All desktops (it would be nice to be able to check more than one desktop but not only all).

What I would like is to be able to get a different panel for each desktop.