Thread: EndnoteX4

Beans

EndnoteX4

Hi all,

I use Endnote X4 since people working with me use it and give me the ENL file (the bibliography endnote file). So I could not use bibus or some others open source biblio software.

Since the release X4 give the Cite while you write support with Open Office I was wondering if is it possible to do this on linux. I have already installed endnote on wine 1.2 with winetricks on ubuntu 10.04 but (maybe obviously) Endnote doesn't see open office (wich is obviously installed on linux!), so I can't do the CWYW on open office. I know some people do that with office 2007 installed with wine, but I hate office (expecially the 2007 release): I use open office also on Win...

Thanks to anyone could help me
    cheers

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: EndnoteX4

I used RTF scan with X3 on Ubuntu 10.04 before. IIRC, it worked fine. CWYW is not really necessary, is it?

Beans

Re: EndnoteX4

CWYW is not really necessary, it is.... but it would really nice to have it! it helps in not doing mistakes, especially during the review peocess, when you cut some refs and you add others refs...

Anyway, i didn't know zotero, but it sound really nice... I hope one day i will persuade my bosses in using open software..