Page 121 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121
Results 1,201 to 1,202 of 1202

Thread: Wubi megathread

Beans

Question Re: Wubi megathread

Hello Everyone,

I had installed Ubuntu 12.04(32 bit) via Wubi under Windows XP on /dev/sda1 partition, but due to a failed upgrade attempt the ubuntu gets stuck at the Ubuntu logo screen with dots filling. Unfortunately, I don't have a always "ON" internet connection(Connection Type - Wifi), so I'm unable to upgrade to 14.04.1 although I do have a Ubuntu 14.04.1(32 bit) .Iso image which I have downloaded from Alternate Downloads link available on Ubuntu website via torrent. I can login into my Ubuntu account by pressing Ctrl+Alt+f2 at the stuck screen (i.e. Ubuntu logo screen with dots filling). I'm also able to login into windows without any issue.

I have made a Live USB pendrive with the 14.04.1(32 bit) .Iso file and can mount the contents of the wubi Ubuntu install using the commnands mentioned in the thread below but unable to cut/copy the contents on the desktop to another partition due to permission restrictions :-

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1037874

So, Please guide me as to how to be able to either do an upgrade to the latest LTS distro's or atleast be able to login into the graphics mode. If you require any other information, just ask for it.

Regards,
    Joojo.

Laptop - ASUS X53U SX181D
    Windows XP - /dev/sda1
    Ubuntu - via Wubi under Windows XP
    Additional Information - Windows 7 Installed on another partition - /dev/sda2
    No. Of Partitions - 03
    /dev/sda1 - Windows Xp & Wubi - Ubuntu
    /dev/sda2 - Windows 7
    /dev/sda3 - Data

I have uninstalled Wubi i.e. Ubuntu (after having copied all the contents of the desktop using Kali linux) and then have re-installed Ubuntu. So, this thread can be deleted or elseif guide me how to do it myself.
    Last edited by eruptionjoojo; August 20th, 2014 at 07:28 PM.

Beans

Re: Wubi megathread

I don't recommend Wubi, but if that's what you want there is a small interesting project for you.

A group of users (including me) try to fix current Wubi issues especially to install with Wubi in UEFI mode. IMHO the latest 2 Wubi versions in our project folder work very fine. wubi14040.exe is for desktop-14.04 iso files and wubi14041.exe for desktop-14.04.1 iso files.

Project folder includes also a short readme.txt. If you use these versions please disable

All other things work similar to official version of Wubi excluding known bugs like 1317437

If you have questions feel free to ask me. New ideas and testing results are also welcome.

Page 121 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121